• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GC Ride Report: 11-21-2010 Chainsaws required

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Rode Sunday with Lushbomb up at the GC. We were cautiously optimistic given 15" readings on the telemetry. We were first to the lot, and for some reason didn't choose to drive further up the road. 4" of new on top of concrete is perfect to debur them new carbides.

20101122_145326_PB210002.jpg

After some dust on ice/rock, we made the turn up to the Beaver and Lushbomb thought it was wise to check out the stabbin cabin. Few logs here and there and the wrong bump slipped Lushbombs belt behind the secondary.

20101122_145415_PB210005.jpg

Good thing he brought his trusty filming stick.

From there on out, it was the wise choice to stay on road. Until Mother Nature kept crock blocking us with downed trees.

Road to Swan: BLOCKED

Anyone got a chainsaw?
20101122_145444_PB210008.jpg

Needless to say, we found some places to play. But there was hungry stumps out there, ride with caution was the word.

20101122_145545_PB210018.jpg

Next plan of action, Presidents. Again. BLOCKED.

I didn't take a pic this time, but another tree blocks the road to presidents, not as bad as the Swan tree, in about 3ft you can probably ride over it..

So off to the tower we went for a chill down. Hung out for a while, hit the road around Baker. Then we till we looped back over Beaver to see if we could connect down to the road and found some over the hood road riding.

20101122_145705_PB210027.jpg

74234_162723077098847_100000834678837_264784_5501028_n.jpg

Needless to say, fun was had, sleds survived unscathed minus some bumps and bruises. Man rotten log shredding is kinda fun but I sure wouldn't do it intentionally.

Snow depth check! Assume the Sasquatch!
20101122_145729_PB210030.jpg

20101122_143441_PB210032.jpg

In the end trailer total was good.

P.S. Mind your Ps and Qs in the lot. We got tab checked and beer frisked by some young park copper with an itchy ticket finger. Good for us we ride straight and legit. Some other folk might not have been so lucky with search we got.

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
nice pics...i passed you guys when you were comming down.

i got checked by the law when i was unloaded ready to head up. he came over and asked "do you have current tabs?"..i responded "on which vehicle?" and he laughed. i thought he was gonna check for sno-park permits (which i had anyway) but he said they dont start ticketing for registration tabs untill december - but just wanted to check...he also said they got new xp's for this year. wonder if they'll actually ride up.

B

Bear North

Aug 23, 2009
Skagway, AK & Snoqualmie, WA
Another Downed Tree on the way to Tower

Good day on Sunday for sure. Parked infront of you Lushbomb and second in the lot on Sunday.

Went back to GC today and it was twice as deep. No one up there at all. Tried to take the main road up to the radio tower and downed tree on the road.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Yep, same here. We also passed you coming down, tried to be as polite as possable, good ol test and tune.
The Cop was very cool, I had my tabs with me, just not on the sled. Looks to be a great start!@!!
Smitty

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
fun 1st day! we kept it real mellow for sure.. well. after the run in with the stump that is :) haha..

we even found some deep turns on those other toys.. no sense in carrying them around all day for nothign right? :face-icon-small-hap

GC_112110_tomslash.jpg

GC_112110_jonnyslash.jpg

good reporting Tom!

.. .... .vidclip bump monyanna :)

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
nice to hear the cops busting people... if only the tickets for no tabs went to grooming

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Yeah Lushbomb and I were talking about how fines don't come back as we rolled into GC. Then I slipped his registration and snowpark permit back into his glove box and we plumb forgot to display the snow park permit. Funny what a little snow does to the brain.

Thinking of heading back up tommorow morning. Any suggestions for securing a chainsaw to your tunnel? I don't got a rear rack. I was just thinking put it on one side of the rails, use a net to strap it on..

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Yeah Lushbomb and I were talking about how fines don't come back as we rolled into GC. Then I slipped his registration and snowpark permit back into his glove box and we plumb forgot to display the snow park permit. Funny what a little snow does to the brain.

Thinking of heading back up tommorow morning. Any suggestions for securing a chainsaw to your tunnel? I don't got a rear rack. I was just thinking put it on one side of the rails, use a net to strap it on..

Black rubber bungie's should hold, or a ratcheting tie down strap. get that tree out of there

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com

Do ya have a blade guard for the saw, and will it fit in your snowboard rack? might be able to just strap it down in there...

H
Dec 12, 2002
Lynnwoo WA
FYI.. Used a hand saw Monday to cut the limbs off and rode over the top of both trees.. The one to presidents is a little dicey but they are both somewhat passable when we left :face-icon-small-hap
It was nice to be the only one in GC. We didnt see another sled up there all day and snowing VERY hard

Premium Features