• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Handguards?

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I have zero experience with handguards on a sled.

Searched but that didnt turn up anything useful.

Whats the way to go? Mainly want protection from impact, but warmer hands would be bonus.

What brand? have seen Doo, (which look nice?) RSI,Acerbis, Skinz, powermadd.

Mounting? Velco? metal mount? plastic?

wanting something durable that will survive in a roll over on the snow. I saw some plastic mounts in SLC at the expo, and they seemed flimsy. But, I would'nt know if thats good or bad.

Thanks!

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
which model are you using?

I like the style of the MX guards. Cant tell by the pic, I wonder if they tie back into the handle bar ends?

I like the look of the High coverage ones best, remind me of dumbo ears............:D too bad they werent about half the size.

Thanks!

S

snowfreakmn

Nov 27, 2007
I just picked up some carbon ones from straightline performance there very nice and $150 with mounts.

skierh2o

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I have tried almost all of them through the years... and powermad and RSI are the finest most worthwhile. Get a set of billet mounts and they are indestructable!
If you put the oversize extensions on, be sure to use the screws or pop rivet them on as they WILL come off in powder riding and trees!

You'll enjoy having warm hands on the trail home!

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Sunline

Sunline revolvers will protect and still not snap off if you roll your sled.

Plus you can fold them down if you have a tight tarp.

2662_l.jpg

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
X2

Sunline revolvers will protect and still not snap off if you roll your sled.

Plus you can fold them down if you have a tight tarp.

2662_l.jpg

I use these as well, one more plus to them flipping up...It gives ya a place to hang your helmet when its off!!

They work very well, at blocking the wind which in turn allows me to wear a thinner glove = better grip

My .02c

B

Premium Features