• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Midmount Turbo Conversion

M
Jan 14, 2004
Just wondering how many guys out there have converted their front mount or rear mount Apex/RX1 turbos to a true mid mount systems. What were the results and what did you do for a header?

Thx M5

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Just wondering how many guys out there have converted their front mount or rear mount Apex/RX1 turbos to a true mid mount systems. What were the results and what did you do for a header?

Thx M5

M5 - I am interested in this as well. Bump...

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I think impulse made a header for "The Bullet" on here. I remember seeing it. I'm in the same boat as you. Its time to ditch the old bender rear mount. I pm'd Paul at impluse about getting a header and intercooler for my sled. I'll post when I hear something back.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I've contacted a few different guys on here and today I pulled the trigger for the Impulse parts. I just need to finalize a few options with Paul and its a done deal. I've read and researched and the Impulse system seems like the way to go for me. I'm looking forward to the power and improved handling.

M5

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Is it for an apex or rx-1? Is he going to make an intercooler for you too? More info would be great.

Premium Features