• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handguards

R
Jan 21, 2008
Yakima,Wa
What is the best hand guards to put on a 09 800 RMK non-dragon? Or should I say who has the best mounting hardware. I see there are several makes to choose from. The sportech ones look pretty good. If it makes a difference I have a left hand throttle mounted over the grip. Any input would be great-Thanks Jeff

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
I installed the Polaris billet mounts on my 08 600 RMK. It took a little bit to get them positioned where they didn't interfere with anything and lined up with the end of the bars, but it is doable.

newsnowmobile054.jpg

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
The PowerMadd guards don't have quite as much coverage but they have a lifetime warranty against breakage (including an accident).

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I have Powermadd handguards on mine... the universal mounts are a b*tch to get on around the handwarmer wires. Extending those at least a few inches will make installation much easier.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Skinz Protective Gear Heatloc hand guards. I have the pro series and love them. Easy on and off with a well thought out velcro mounting system. No mounting hardware to worry about. Nor do you have to worry about breaking and bending. They form a nice cup shape around your hand which actually keeps your hands warm. Doesn't interfere with stand up / aggressive riding either.

Dec 25, 2008
n513991467_1973102_3371.jpg

Rox billet mounts, powermadds. Slid the brake assembly, like a 1/2" toward the grip. goes real good with long bolts and spacers to get in the right spot and they look super clean. very easy mount.

I put them snug so on a roll to get unstuck they just fold down. Then pull um up and im good to go. Handguards are a must! They've saved me so many bruised fingers!!

Those trees just seem to jump out at you!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
We put on RSI hand guards and so far I've replaced and fixed my acerbis ones (the connection rod keeps getting bent off when the sled goes rubber side up) off of my other daily rider three times and zero on the RSI. The value of hand guards for me is that I don't have to have a windscreen to keep my fingers from freezing off when riding with very light performance gloves. Windshield that are high enough to block wind don't live very long out west!

attachment.php

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
x2 !

I have endo'ed my IQR 2 times now and i have went through a lot of downed timber. The only damage so far is that one of the guards has a chunk missing out of it from a tree.

RSI guards are great and i would buy again!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
You would be correct but hear is why I will only buy RSI.

I lost a bolt out of my billet hand guard mounts and I couldn’t find the right sized bolt to fit the threads. RSI sent me the bolt for FREE and called me just to make sure I received the one bolt.

THAT is why RSI gets my business.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I like their Billet mounts a lot better seems to work better on MX or Snow-X bars. Powermadd's, I had to fight to get them on my MX bars I couldn't understand it because the MX bars are still 7/8" at the grips.

Premium Features