• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help Deciding

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I'm considering upgrading in the near future. Currently on a '13 Proclimb 800 153 Sno Pro with only roughly 800 miles on it. I know lots of guys didn't care for the '13's but truth be told, the sled outrides the hell outta me. If I decide to upgrade this year, my options are a new '16 Sno Pro or a Limited. About a $1000 difference between the two so I'd essentially be paying a grand for the upgraded bumper (which I would upgrade on the Sno pro if that's the direction I went) and the 3" over the 2.6" track. Is the extra grand worth it? The other option is riding my '13 one more season and getting into an '18 in a years time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The track alone is worth the extra grand. Plus u get the tunnel bag, goggle bag, bumper and cool green or all black.

Mountain Cat

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The 16 evols are much better than the 2014 floats but The early release 18 has better valving in the shocks than the 16le.

Mountain Cat

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I like the valving on the early release 18 sno pro over the Toms revalved evol R's on my 16

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
upgrade

I'm considering upgrading in the near future. Currently on a '13 Proclimb 800 153 Sno Pro with only roughly 800 miles on it. I know lots of guys didn't care for the '13's but truth be told, the sled outrides the hell outta me. If I decide to upgrade this year, my options are a new '16 Sno Pro or a Limited. About a $1000 difference between the two so I'd essentially be paying a grand for the upgraded bumper (which I would upgrade on the Sno pro if that's the direction I went) and the 3" over the 2.6" track. Is the extra grand worth it? The other option is riding my '13 one more season and getting into an '18 in a years time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After riding an 18 the decision is easier for me. I am on a 16 ltd, its a good sled and works well no complaints. The 18 made me a better rider instantly. I like the sled alot. You may consider the 2017 Mountain Cat, If you do I would try to deal on the primary clutch / belt upgrade from the 18 if its new. There are new 15's for under 8 k available also if its strictly financial, but its more of what you have albeit better. Good luck on your decision

Premium Features