• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

****in junk cat secondaries

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well Wyo got MDS to work on his last year above 10K ft. Because he got his secondary machined. Sheaves were machined to match belt angle better, but it cost him a pretty penny ($250 or so). Before that those weights would not hold rpm. He tried everything too and was wrenching on the mtn like every single day. I kept telling him to give up and put Cat weights back in since day 1. But at least they worked after the secondary got machined. I tried them in my 2010 M8 years ago and could never get them to hold rpm even with no weight in them. At 11K+ ft it gets really bad. I stick with OEM cat weights. You will be fine though at your elevation w/ MDS.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The cat weights didn't work either though on my 14, they worked a little better because they don't pull as hard but I still couldn't get it to work because the secondary was junk. Once I did the 911 cover and machined the secondary then the sled was a wheelie monster.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
The cat weights didn't work either though on my 14, they worked a little better because they don't pull as hard but I still couldn't get it to work because the secondary was junk. Once I did the 911 cover and machined the secondary then the sled was a wheelie monster.

Sounds like the old dd secondaries binding & killing shift. Anyone ever try graphite drylube on the hub to cut down the resistance. I got Mel @ formula x-1 to rebuild both my dd secondaries & they worked great after. Wheelie on demand even the old 700

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
What exactly is the difference between the 083 and 084? I rana 084 belt until the last day of the season last year where it blew so i got about 800-900 miles on that one. I ride from 5-8k ft. I have a stock primary and secondary on my 14 8000. Also, what exactly is glazing? Is it just when the sides of the belt kinda have a shine to them? Why are some of you riding the 083 instead?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What exactly is the difference between the 083 and 084? I rana 084 belt until the last day of the season last year where it blew so i got about 800-900 miles on that one. I ride from 5-8k ft. I have a stock primary and secondary on my 14 8000. Also, what exactly is glazing? Is it just when the sides of the belt kinda have a shine to them? Why are some of you riding the 083 instead?

The 83 doesn't get rpm fade when hot and coat way less. The 83 has also outlasted ask the other belts I've ran.

Premium Features