• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO RMK Questions?

Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
I've had only a couple Skidoos since my last Polaris so this isn't exactly switching religions for me. I've basically done all that I want to do on a SkiDoo and most of what you see in current snowmobile vids, just less distance. I think a new way of riding is interesting and everyone is heading for the trees. I have a few questions for those that have a minute to add a nice on point factual answer.

* 2011 vs 2012 I've read all the changes, or actually the few changes. And I think if I can find a one year old for $2500 less than new I'm doing ok. Agree?
* PRO RMK shocks? They got to be better than the KYB crappers on Summit X models? I am an Assault kind of guy but that comp track has to be the worlds worst design for powder.
* PRO-RMK front shock length? I have some Evol X's off my Doo that are 17" I believe in close enough but what is the actual length?
* Series 5.1 track I hear that it's good but not great. Where and when? It seems soft to me and I'll be riding Revy and area, soft is good for deep IMO.
* Turrrrrrbo? I have kept up with and know the power for straight up hill climbing of the 2011 PRO RMK. My 800r 146(15w track) is on par. That means I will want more than stock power. I have done the mile long laundry list of upgrades on a sled, and want to just do one this time. Turbo, never done that yet. And Boondocker has me brainwashed (sold) on their kit.
* And finally my dumb Ski-Doo clicker question. Anyone carry weights anymore? I remember packing 58 through 64 gram weights and changing trail side. It sucked and I don't want to do it again.

Thanks folks. And if anyone southern AB has a 2011 they want to give a good home I am in the market!!!!!

Last edited:

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
I've had only a couple Skidoos since my last Polaris so this isn't exactly switching religions for me. I've basically done all that I want to do on a SkiDoo and most of what you see in current snowmobile vids, just less distance. I think a new way of riding is interesting and everyone is heading for the trees. I have a few questions for those that have a minute to add a nice on point factual answer.

* 2011 vs 2012 I've read all the changes, or actually the few changes. And I think if I can find a one year old for $2500 less than new I'm doing ok. Agree? Yea, usually around 9000 to 10000 for a 2011 used PRO.
* PRO RMK shocks? They got to be better than the KYB crappers on Summit X models? I am an Assault kind of guy but that comp track has to be the worlds worst design for powder. You will have to get a assault then not a PRO
* PRO-RMK front shock length? I have some Evol X's off my Doo that are 17" I believe in close enough but what is the actual length? 17.375 i think
* Series 5.1 track I hear that it's good but not great. Where and when? It seems soft to me and I'll be riding Revy and area, soft is good for deep IMO. 5.1 Flat out WORKS on the PRO
* Turrrrrrbo? I have kept up with and know the power for straight up hill climbing of the 2011 PRO RMK. My 800r 146(15w track) is on par. That means I will want more than stock power. I have done the mile long laundry list of upgrades on a sled, and want to just do one this time. Turbo, never done that yet. And Boondocker has me brainwashed (sold) on their kit. Sure if you have green burning a hole in your pocket Pull the trigger!
* And finally my dumb Ski-Doo clicker question. Anyone carry weights anymore? I remember packing 58 through 64 gram weights and changing trail side. It sucked and I don't want to do it again. No, not if you have done all your tuning at home.. you should just ride it!.. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have them in the truck!

Thanks folks. And if anyone southern AB has a 2011 they want to give a good home I am in the market!!!!!

Answers in BOLD

Premium Features