• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HKS GT2530, size

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So just bought a hks gt2510 on ebay for an upgrade to the journal bearing turbo on my vector, I get the turbo today and clean it up to relieve a chra tag that shows it to be a gt2530. Pretty pumped. about time I get a stellar deal on ebay.

Now the question. This turbo is virtually a gt2860r turbo. With a .64 turbine housing. Is this turbo bigger(in physical size,housing size) than say a gt2560r turbo?

THanks

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
So just bought a hks gt2510 on ebay for an upgrade to the journal bearing turbo on my vector, I get the turbo today and clean it up to relieve a chra tag that shows it to be a gt2530. Pretty pumped. about time I get a stellar deal on ebay.

Now the question. This turbo is virtually a gt2860r turbo. With a .64 turbine housing. Is this turbo bigger(in physical size,housing size) than say a gt2560r turbo?

THanks

ttt

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
2860 has bigger veins and i do believe the inner works of the compresor is bigger. As for overall size, i do believe there about the same. But i may be wrong.

Jul 22, 2008
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=704

Similar compressor wheel to the 2860rs, but slighty bigger and a different trim. Looks to be the same turbine wheel as well but with a different turbine housing, it is flanged for the Nissan Skyline so you will need a custom outlet flange for this turbo. HKS makes some of the best turbos out there, they start life as off the shelf garrett's and get modifed from there. They have alot of hybrid turbos that make BIG power and spool very quick! Very spendy too I might add :face-icon-small-hap

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Thanks

From everything I have read the Gt2530 hks turbo is a good turbo comparable to the gt2860r. I got a exhaust flange with it when I got it with a completely divorced wastegate design. The flange has a divider on the inside. Also another thing that is different is that the turbine wheel is 9 blades instead of 10. I believe this to be the major difference. From what I have read this will allow the turbo to have good flow give the engine good torque down low but still designed to flow better on the top end.

Either way I am very excited to run this turbo. The sled i bought has a journal bearing turbo on a custom turbo kit. I have heard from multiple people that the sled worked very well with that setup and I am assuming that this turbo with the abilty to spool much faster will be a great addition. Also will be lowering the compression to make it a pump gasser.

Thanks For the input. Can't wait to get this all back together.

Premium Features