• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Turbo Kit And Why?

Y
Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
Fuel is a concern for me in the prairies........ AV is $2.00/L where premium is $1.13. I can get premium at any gas station.....AV only at the airport which is only open Monday-Friday. If we put on 150miles in a day I'm usually on fumes by the time we get home. Premium is avaiable everywhere. And race fuel is even more expensive than AV

Even good premium fuel can be an issue when riding in remote areas on the prairies. I think having meth injection for when you aren't 100% confident in your fuel quality would be good insurance.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
True there are places to stay away from for premium. But then meth is more cost to both instal and run so then I might as well stick with straight AV and no meth

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
What is everyone running for turbo kit and why? I get to do alot of testing for Alpine and I am just wonder what makes guys choose one guys kit over another guys? Just trying to get some feed back from everyone so when I go out this year with them, I can let them know what we should be working on. Example: More boost on pump fuel, better suspension set-ups, what track for turbo application, best set-up for the least amount of money? let me know guy's and girl's and we will see what we can make happen this year. Cheers Paul.

what are you riding for a sled this year , is Alpine doing you up a new one to ride ( test )

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
thoughta

Any one have any thoughts on the closed loop fuel controllers ie RB3 vs. mcx and any other ones out there. Are they as trouble free as suggested or is there still some tinkering?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Any one have any thoughts on the closed loop fuel controllers ie RB3 vs. mcx and any other ones out there. Are they as trouble free as suggested or is there still some tinkering?

I'm going on my third season running an RB3 on my Apex and fourth season riding the sled, box has been trouble free so far. I only know of one that has failed.

:beer;:beer;, AA

Premium Features