• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Truck?

Best overall truck?

• Ford F150

Votes: 277 32.1%
  • GMC Sierra 1500

Votes: 65 7.5%
  • Chevrolet 1500

Votes: 61 7.1%
  • Chevrolet 1500HD

Votes: 137 15.9%
  • Toyota

Votes: 85 9.8%
  • Dodge

Votes: 239 27.7%

• Total voters

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
We have 6 GM rigs at work, 4 of them late models, and they are all electrical nightmares. Nothing but problems with them. HVAC controls hardly work on 2 of them, check engine lights are on all the time, airbag lights are on on 2 of them, and the 2004 GMC 3500 flatbed is on it's 3rd transmission and the rig only has 27K original miles on it. Pure JUNK! you couldn't give me one! Oh ya, the flat bed also knocks like a diesel... and it's had regular oil changes all it's life, it's the 6.0 gas. Also, don't even attempt to let one of them sit for more than a week without a battery charger on it... summer or winter!

The only thing I'll say about them is the steering on each them is nice and tight. Other than that, my Ford with anywhere between 2 and 9 times the miles on it is in WAY better condition. BTW, we don't beat on our company trucks, they're actually driven very respectably.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
+160K miles on my LBZ LT, half of them towing, couple of u-joints, routine maintenance, and it is programmed. Everything works (except two out of four lights in the steering wheel controls). Oh, needs new jounce stops. Bought new. Much have a unicorn GM.

Edited for: Checked my maint records (trying to be accurate here, no BS) - had to replace #4 glow plug a few years ago. Got away with just one, but it was finicky. Trans cooler hoses replaced under warranty. Honest to god, that's it, beyond the normal oil, filters, fluids, tires, brakes, minor mods, and a serp belt just because it was 9 years old. Long ago limped the truck a couple of times due to fuel and -40F temps (it's a duramax fuel filter head heater thing, long gone after adding a filter heater wrap). Can't lift my leg on this truck...

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Trucks and sleds

It's Ford super duty diesel trucks and cat turbo charged snowmobiles for me.
Next to no trouble with ether.
I wonder why that is???
Hmmmmmmm,

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
This thread just keep popping up in my feed and I can’t tolerate seeing the same last post over and over and over over over over over over over again. “I’m a ford guy and a turbo cat guy”. Bla effin Bla!!!! So I’m posting this so I don’t have to read that same bullchit from 2016 ever again.

Premium Features