• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carb trouble??

T
Jan 29, 2003
Ok so I took my carbs off before taking my sled out for the season which are flatsides like all of them and cleaned them out and all, put them back on and she idles perfect but when I goes to give her gas its like she dies out on a cylinder, but when you put the choke on half way she goes perfect like she should. Ive already took them off like three times trying to figure it out but still nothing. Any help would be great thanks!!

T
Jan 29, 2003
Nope I havnt tried that Ive never done that before but I was lookin in my manual says to adjust them with a drill bit so Ill try that next.

T
Jan 29, 2003
Well I just finished adjusting the air screws and really giving the carbs a good cleaning and inspection. No luck still the same thing the sled idles fine u push the throttle a little it well rev a little higher then any farther she just dies somtime it sounds like shes going out on a cylinder but sometimes it just completly dies, but it well go how it should with the choke on. So I have no clue where to go from here and its very hard for me to get someone else to look at it or I would have gotten help. Any more ideas what it could be?

B
Dec 3, 2007
I believe you have plugged venturi or pilot jet. It is very possible you have dislodged a piece of junk it is now stuck in one of the venturis or pilot jet. By turning the choke on you allowing more fuel to pulled into the carb via a different venturi and in effect by passing the pilot circuit.

If you have a small pen light use it to determine if light will pass through the pilot and choke venturi. Pull off the float bowl, put the light against the pilot jet channel and look at the engine side of the carb. There are two small holes, the one closest to the slide is the pilot hole and the other is the choke. Check both, apply compressed air if plugged etc.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
The drill bit trick is used to set the slide heigth. There should be two white knobs on the mag side of carbs on engine side of carbs. They are normally about 1 1/2 turns out. Out is richer in leaner.

Premium Features