• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTS: knocklink G4 knock sensing instrument

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
(sold) WTS: knocklink G4 knock sensing instrument

hi guys, i got here a knocklink G4, now these seem to be very popular in automotive, that being 4 strokes, im told they work on 4 stroke snowmobiles too, but i decided to try my 2 stroke lol, i dont think it worked out so well for me any ways being tapped into my ecu's knock sensor when you need to have a dedicated one for this device,

so that being said, for any of you 4 strokers.... who are into tuning and playing with power, this probably is the device for you!, or those with 2 strokes it may work perfect if you get your own knock sensor dedicated to this.... i cant say 100% but link ecu says it should work....

i got this thing this year in january, its literally mint still of course, has a nice machined aluminum housing painted black, i paid 320 for this sucker, i just want it gone so im thinking $200 OBO

i dont have a pic right this moment but there isnt a hole lot to them its moreless their technology and brains on its chip

here is a link to the product its self! http://www.linkecu.com/products/TuningTools/knocklink_g4

for those interested PLEASE PM ME, its the easiest way and quickest way to get a response, Thanks for looking! :bounce:

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
i still cannot understand why it won;t work on a two stroke..??

ahh geesh i think i explained it wrong >.>, you need to have your own EXTRA knock sensor i guess to make it work properly, i tried tapping into mine, which never worked right, but link ecu says that you need to have a dedicated sensor for it to read off of, which i did not

so FOR THOSE WITH 2 STROKES, IT MAY WORK, i cant say 100% because i tapped into the one for my ecu, which maybe why it dont work, but i dont have a use for this guy any more any ways, so im selling it

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ahh geesh i think i explained it wrong >.>, you need to have your own EXTRA knock sensor i guess to make it work properly, i tried tapping into mine, which never worked right, but link ecu says that you need to have a dedicated sensor for it to read off of, which i did not

so FOR THOSE WITH 2 STROKES, IT MAY WORK, i cant say 100% because i tapped into the one for my ecu, which maybe why it dont work, but i dont have a use for this guy any more any ways, so im selling it

ok...from what i read you can get the interface to adjust timing in the ecu...but the M8 already has that...so i assume the unit can still be used WITHOUT THE INTERFACE..

so what you have is the visual unit and just needs its own seperate sensor to bolt on the enjine block..(the engine lifting eye threads would probably work)..all in all it would be a great unit..soooo...how much is the "SENSOR"..??..YOU FIND ME THE PRICE ON THE SENSOR AND IF I LIKE IT I JUST MAY BUY YOUR UNIT..

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
ok...from what i read you can get the interface to adjust timing in the ecu...but the M8 already has that...so i assume the unit can still be used WITHOUT THE INTERFACE..

so what you have is the visual unit and just needs its own seperate sensor to bolt on the enjine block..(the engine lifting eye threads would probably work)..all in all it would be a great unit..soooo...how much is the "SENSOR"..??..YOU FIND ME THE PRICE ON THE SENSOR AND IF I LIKE IT I JUST MAY BUY YOUR UNIT..

no i had used my ski doo Rt 1000 sled with its own knock sensor, but yeah problem is, is i couldnt figure out any spot to mount a sensor (darn ski doo ha ha)

so yeah here is a knock sensor, of which they recommend, pretty much any bosch knock sensor.... this should do perfectly

also as far as it goes, this is a totally different stand alone unit, it has its own little brain to it, which you add a knock sensor to it which it reads off of it, and withn its brains is some sort of algorithm that knows when theres "knock" because knock has a certain special frequency they say seems to be the same on all engines...

this sensor is supposed to also learn your engine, when i first got it, it was going off left and right, couldnt tell really when my sled started up, then you'd see it switch lights to blue which is "relearn" and now when i fire sled up, it knows sleds running, and its not going off all the time, but i think it lacks true accuracy due to me using my STOCK det sensor thats tied into my ecu which probably is throwing it off, (what link ecu figures)

heres a link to the knock sensor

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bosch-Knock-Sensor-/290788208555?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b453efab

Last edited:
Premium Features