• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog above 3/4 throttle.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Let me tell you something. I have a 2006 Polaris 700 (755) Rmk, 159 length track. I was experiencing bog down when i applied throttle. I suggest to those who are experiencing problems with thier sleds, to look at thier TPS and TPS harness that connects to the throttle bodies. I recently had my TPS adjusted however two hours into my ride i experienced a bog down when i applied the throttle. The sled was running crappy as i believe the sled was dumping large amounts of fuel into the cyliders to protect the engine when there is a problem. I took the sled into the dealer and they found out that the harness that connect to the throttle body was bad. I suggest those of whom are having problems to check out this problem either by themselves or by the dealer. Since i have had this TPS harness replaced, the sled had been running great.
This has crossed my mind. And from thinking about it i suppose it could cause my symptoms.

But would it indeed cause the high idle?

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Dealer suggested that maybe I have a broken reed valve. He said the fuel pressure was fine and the tps and harness were both fine as well..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
I think if you had a broken reed valve it would run terrible at all throttle settings. Not just a high idle and bog at 3/4 throttle. TPS harness is about $30 bucks (more at the dealer I'm sure). Part #2203165.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
I think if you had a broken reed valve it would run terrible at all throttle settings. Not just a high idle and bog at 3/4 throttle. TPS harness is about $30 bucks (more at the dealer I'm sure). Part #2203165.
His pc is under construction so he couldnt hook it up to the sled. So he didnt even charge me to look at it.
Anyways, He also checked for air leaks and didnt find any. And its not idling that high anymore. Close to 1750... much lower than the 2600 it was at.
Also said that the fuel filter i put on is the wrong one. And that that could have been the reason for the high idle, he said something about its sucking air.
So i dont know whats going on. Im really frustrated.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Thought id bring this up again to see if anyone has any new ideas. Im goin to bust it out in the next few months and try to solve my issues. Gotta get her running right before winter hits. haha.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
well the fuel filter cannot suck air its pressureised backfire at the pipe would be very rich doesent happen that often , out the carbs is lean if it sat for a while the injectors might be dirty.

R
Aug 7, 2009
pinetop az
When i adjusted my tps to spec my idle was hi too.
I just turned my idle back down at the idle screw and have had no problems.

If you had broken or loose reeds the idle would be low not hi.

Has anybody messed with the injector leads.
Last time i saw a bog at 3/4/ throttle the left lower injector lead was pluged into the upper injector.

Rob

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
When i adjusted my tps to spec my idle was hi too.
I just turned my idle back down at the idle screw and have had no problems.

If you had broken or loose reeds the idle would be low not hi.

Has anybody messed with the injector leads.
Last time i saw a bog at 3/4/ throttle the left lower injector lead was pluged into the upper injector.

Rob
Whats wierd is after the motor warms up the idle seems to drop. I did have the motor out last season to replace the mounts and pull cord. But it seemed to run good right after that. So i dont think i got anything wrong.

R
Aug 7, 2009
pinetop az
Check your temp sensor in your coolant. try unpluging it. i think it will go to a failsafe temp seting and you can see if it makes a diff. it will set codes but will clear when you plug it back in.
the things that tune your injection are tps,intake temp, coolant temp, exhaust temp, barometer, rpm, fuel map in ecu.
Rob

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Check your temp sensor in your coolant. try unpluging it. i think it will go to a failsafe temp seting and you can see if it makes a diff. it will set codes but will clear when you plug it back in.
the things that tune your injection are tps,intake temp, coolant temp, exhaust temp, barometer, rpm, fuel map in ecu.
Rob
Ill check it out, thanks!

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Check these

On my 06 755 i blew a belt last year and the cords wrapped around and took out the crank seal. This caused mine to idle way high. Maybe you already checked this, but if not just grab a can of ether and spray it behind the clutch at the crank seal with the engine idling. Will rev way up if it's sucking air from there.
Also last year after bought the snowmobile I was having issues where it could cut out when wide open...turned out to be the packing inside the exhaust broke loose and was covering up half the hole so i just swapped out to the stock exhaust to test it and it ran perfect. Maybe this helps maybe not

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
On my 06 755 i blew a belt last year and the cords wrapped around and took out the crank seal. This caused mine to idle way high. Maybe you already checked this, but if not just grab a can of ether and spray it behind the clutch at the crank seal with the engine idling. Will rev way up if it's sucking air from there.
Also last year after bought the snowmobile I was having issues where it could cut out when wide open...turned out to be the packing inside the exhaust broke loose and was covering up half the hole so i just swapped out to the stock exhaust to test it and it ran perfect. Maybe this helps maybe not
One of the things the dealer did when it was up there was he checked for air leaks. He said he didnt find anything. But ill check again. Thanks.
Also when it goes above 3/4 throttle its like it hits a brick wall. It just wont rev anymore and cuts out.

Premium Features