• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011 PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
January 2010

For those that haven't been there b4, I'll post a few of my pics to get the blood flowing.....:D

100_4486.jpg

100_4493.jpg

100_4542.jpg

100_4511.jpg

100_4505.jpg

100_4489.jpg

100_4543.jpg

Last edited:
D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Just over two weeks to go... it's getting close now!
Any last minute procrastinators thinking about coming? It would be awesome to get a bit bigger of a group involved.

I have a friend who lives in a small town near Revy, he said he might be able to meet us there, also I may have a Cat rider from home who might tag along. You guys will be impressed with his custom airbrushed hood, one of the nicer looking M8's I have yet to see.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Getting close! 2 weeks from today:D:D

I sure hope my parts get here soon, I'm afraid my sled is losing a bearing in the drivetrain, a lot more vibration than normal. I can tell it is definitely not anything in the motor, the vibration is definitely speed related, not RPM related.... quite noticeable on the trail from 10-30 mph:(

I've got new motor mounts and jackshaft/upper chaincase bearings coming. I was told that the All Ballz driveshaft bearings are on back-order till March 25th:face-icon-small-dis so I'll be going down to my dealer first thing tomorrow morning to order new Polaris bearings in ASAP.

I guess with 3,547 miles on the clock they are definitley over-due:rolleyes:

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Getting close! 2 weeks from today:D:D

I sure hope my parts get here soon, I'm afraid my sled is losing a bearing in the drivetrain, a lot more vibration than normal. I can tell it is definitely not anything in the motor, the vibration is definitely speed related, not RPM related.... quite noticeable on the trail from 10-30 mph:(

I've got new motor mounts and jackshaft/upper chaincase bearings coming. I was told that the All Ballz driveshaft bearings are on back-order till March 25th:face-icon-small-dis so I'll be going down to my dealer first thing tomorrow morning to order new Polaris bearings in ASAP.

I guess with 3,547 miles on the clock they are definitley over-due:rolleyes:
That's not good news so close to this trip Seth! Get that sucker repaired! If I lived closer to you I would be over with tools and beer to help.

As for my Switch9... it's running so damn good I'm tempted to park it for 2 weeks lol. I might get out for a day ride or 2 next week, then it's Revy time.:brushteeth:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
That's not good news so close to this trip Seth! Get that sucker repaired! If I lived closer to you I would be over with tools and beer to help.

As for my Switch9... it's running so damn good I'm tempted to park it for 2 weeks lol. I might get out for a day ride or 2 next week, then it's Revy time.:brushteeth:

I know... this is what happens every year, the sled or truck is running great with no indication of problems, then RIGHT before the trip, something comes up:rolleyes:

Not a matter of getting it done, it's a matter of getting the parts here quickly so I can do it...... As long as nothing else gets delayed I should be ok.:face-icon-small-sho

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I shouldn't talk, I'm having some mis-fire problems with the 6.8L right now... the typical Ford modular coil / plug problems I think. The rear coils and plugs collect water dripping off the wiper cowling above and corrode the connection. But no biggie, I can always swap trucks with dad and drive the (cough) Dodge if I don't get time to check it.

I sure hope you can get your parts quickly Seth! I have a spare AllBallz kit for the jackshaft, let me know if I need to bring them to Revy lol.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
One way or another I will be in Revy... I'd hate to have to bring the old 800, but if it comes to that I will... not gonna miss riding in Revy:face-icon-small-coo

Parts should be in mid-next week supposedly, so as long as they come in I will get em in and hopefully be good to go.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Bump!

Anyone else thinking about jumping in on this at the last minute!?!?

Seth, hows the repairs coming along? PM me your cell number so I can find you next week when I get there bud, you too Sean.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Good to go!

Bump!

Anyone else thinking about jumping in on this at the last minute!?!?

Seth, hows the repairs coming along? PM me your cell number so I can find you next week when I get there bud, you too Sean.

Yup, the more the merrier if anyone wants to ride Revy, from what I have read, the avalanche conditions are looking reasonably safe for the moment:face-icon-small-hap

I wound up taking the sled to my dealer for a full inspection and they could not find anything wrong:confused: I had them do the driveshaft and chaincase bearings as preventative maintenance since the sled has over 3500 miles figuring they were due anyway and it's peace of mind.

I'm ready to meet a couple new faces and rock REVY in 9 days from today!!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
It's coming quick now! I go back for 4 quick night shifts on friday, then it's time to load up my switch9 and hit the road.:face-icon-small-coo

301fury

Feb 9, 2011
Kelowna
are u guys taking the trail that conects with egles? theres where i always ride. i want to join in the fun. i am alone ranger out there with the 9, to many ski-doos out number me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features