• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XLT Carb trouble

I
Nov 13, 2009
Just picked up a 95 XLT and I cannot get the choke cable to disconnect from ANY of the carbs. They seem frozen. I got them unscrewed, but the slider? inside won't move. I WD-40ed them overnight. Is there something I am missing?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Just picked up a 95 XLT and I cannot get the choke cable to disconnect from ANY of the carbs. They seem frozen. I got them unscrewed, but the slider? inside won't move. I WD-40ed them overnight. Is there something I am missing?

Kind of sounds like the carbs are varnished up and they are stuck. Your not missing anything once unscewed they should just slide right out. Try something stronger that WD 40... PB blaster might work better as its stronger that wd 40.

I
Nov 13, 2009
Will try PB, I was thinking if I can get the spring to the side I could tap them with a wooden dowel to try and free them up. What do you guys think?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
would be worth a shot anyway. Even a small steel punch should be ok as long as you dont go too crazy.

J
Aug 21, 2008
I have the same problem every year on pto side carb. It rust inside the carb. I have to heat it up and it slides out, clean it up, and it is fine for the season

Premium Features