• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

first place parts

C
Oct 12, 2008
Sioux City, Ia
Why does it take FOREVER to get anything from these guys? I've ordered from them twice, last time took like three weeks. Now I thought I would try em again, and same thing. Still no helmet. Anybody else have the same problem? I could have got it off ebay and had the SOB here by now.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
I have always had really good experiences with their shipping. In fact last Sunday I placed an order and received it on Wednesday. However, calling them and getting anyone to answer the phone is another story.

C
Oct 12, 2008
Sioux City, Ia
Ordered two helmets, two goggles, quick straps thanksgiving day. Website says that my order is "processing". Sent an email inquiring about the order, and got a real nice standard form response not answering my question. Not impressed.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Ordered two helmets, two goggles, quick straps thanksgiving day. Website says that my order is "processing". Sent an email inquiring about the order, and got a real nice standard form response not answering my question. Not impressed.

I am also starting to get a little disappointed. Even though I have had good luck with shipping their not answering the phone is starting to get old. I bet I have over 40 call to them since Thursday with no answer. I am thinking about doing an exchange on a set of gloves but if I don't get an answer soon its going to be a return.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have had nothing but good things to say about my experiences from them, I have bought 5 things in the past year and happy with all of it. But there's no excuse for not answering the phone, and not replying to emails in a quick fashion. Hope they have a better excuse then it's busy with the holidays and all. We all now that things get hectic around the holidays but businesses should plan for that in advance.

W
Sep 30, 2009
Cle Elum, WA
Had the same problem with them last year, and generated a new thread about it similar to the others. Very unimpressed with First Place Parts. They basically "blamed" it on having too many orders and not enough people to process them. Not my problem. Hire somebody to answer the dang phone then.

I took my business elsewhere since then and have had great luck with other vendors.

B

Biglizard1

Feb 15, 2010
Baker City
i dont know, ordered my avy stuff in the mix of thanksgiving black monday sale and received within 4 days. complete order with no problems

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
They recently moved to a new building and im sure they are still very busy getting everything in order.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
My attitude is starting to change with them. I have a limited amount of patience and its almost gone. I can understand being busy but so busy you can't answer your phone for 4 days?? When do you say enough is enough and hire more people?? I will wait until I speak with someone from first place parts to decide whether I will ever do business with them again. But as of right now I am a very unhappy customer.

Last edited:
C
Oct 12, 2008
Sioux City, Ia
Got an email from them yesterday about 3 o clock, stated one helmet was on backorder so the entire order went on hold. I replied immediately, stating that since the helmets are the same, just different colors, ill take a different color. Interestingly enough, i HAVENT GOTTEN A RESPONSE. Seriously, if i ran the body shop this way i wouldnt have any customers. And frankly, i dont care if they are moving to a new building or not. Maybe should have done that during the SUMMER.

:face-icon-small-dis

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Just got off the phone with Mark from First Place Parts he stepped up and made everything right. I will order from them again in the future, thanks again Mark!

copteazer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Helena Montana
I been having the same problems. No email contacts, and alot of phone calls over 90 and still no answer. wtf I called three hours redial after redial.and still no answer THREE HOURS STRAIGHT now thats bad. Its snowmobiling season hired some more poeple during this season. I pm mark he email back once. I havent heard since

T
Sep 25, 2009
I ordered a ABS canister from them last month. 2 weeks later I called and asked them what the status was. They said they'll check it out and call me right back......nothing. So I called the next day and asked if I could just cancel the order. Put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then came back and said "ya, we'll cancel your order. Thanks. Bye." Not impressed with their service.

N

Norminator688

Dec 14, 2010
Minnesota
I am having the same problem as the rest of ya I put in my order on the 14 and have no clue where my stuff is at. Didn't answer the phone or reply to any of my e-mails. Will never order from them again.

Premium Features