• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
she was in pretty rough shape but we'll get er done Sean. I got some used side panel vents if ya want em. That 151 will be a good change from the ol 166 for somethin new.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
she was in pretty rough shape but we'll get er done Sean. I got some used side panel vents if ya want em. That 151 will be a good change from the ol 166 for somethin new.

you know it man..it actually looked like a sled when we got it out of your garage, lol..

vents...YOU KNOW IT...but come on man...that sled is gonna have 50% of your parts on it, lol...ill send you a PM:face-icon-small-win

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
hey bud I replyed to your email but I just wanted you to know that I really think you need to turbo this one and let your wife ride it so you can turbo hers later.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
one quick question....where did you get the sled from? We wrecked our 900 last year with a stuck open throttle, and that sled looks REALLY FAMILIAR!!!!

lol..it happens more then you think..

i got it from a guy in lewistown, montana...i know for a fact that he is the one that crash this one..

but ill take your wrecked one too ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i am going to put VE tunnel on this sled this summer ;)

it is shorter then the stock 700/900 that came with a 159/166 track...i think the shorter length tunnels came with the 144/151 tracks..

so if anyone is interested in buying this black powercoated tunnel (no bulkhead) send me a PM and we will talk...

just looking for best offer to help with the build..and someone who is willing to work with me on a decent timeline..wont get this one off till june maybe july...

let me know

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
Sean you are awesome!! I showed my wife the picture of that sled and said,"At least I don't bring something like that home to fix!" her response was "I'd leave!". I am good to go for what I spend on my sled this year (about $800) because of you! THANK YOU!!!!!! Doesn't that hood cover look like a Star Trek emblem upside-down? I'll be watching your updates!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean you are awesome!! I showed my wife the picture of that sled and said,"At least I don't bring something like that home to fix!" her response was "I'd leave!". I am good to go for what I spend on my sled this year (about $800) because of you! THANK YOU!!!!!! Doesn't that hood cover look like a Star Trek emblem upside-down? I'll be watching your updates!!

LOL!!!

trust me the wife was NOT happy...but she knew it was a good deal..but she thinks i have to get her a newer SUV now that i got another sled..HA..yeh right, lol..

i am more then happy with this buy, and have lots of god plans for it, so it should look pretty sick when i am done..but i was orinally told by the seller that this 900 had an aftermarket crank, 975 motor and it has neither...AND...the kid said the hood had a tear in it..as you can see the pic the hood is dented bad and pretty bad off..and also said the SLP pipe had a small hole...chit, the pipe was smashed SHUT and so bad, you couldnt pour water through it...lol...should have known there huh, lol...

this will be my daily driver sled as my 05 900 will be a 975..

hope your sled is running right man, and i gave you some decent info when you needed it....

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
LOL!!!

trust me the wife was NOT happy...but she knew it was a good deal..but she thinks i have to get her a newer SUV now that i got another sled..HA..yeh right, lol..

i am more then happy with this buy, and have lots of god plans for it, so it should look pretty sick when i am done..but i was orinally told by the seller that this 900 had an aftermarket crank, 975 motor and it has neither...AND...the kid said the hood had a tear in it..as you can see the pic the hood is dented bad and pretty bad off..and also said the SLP pipe had a small hole...chit, the pipe was smashed SHUT and so bad, you couldnt pour water through it...lol...should have known there huh, lol...

this will be my daily driver sled as my 05 900 will be a 975..

hope your sled is running right man, and i gave you some decent info when you needed it....

The sled ran great this year and I was suprised at the difference the SLP tourque arm amd stop made on the performance. The thing pulls really hard and I couldn't find anything I couldn't climb. That is until I bent an A-arm about 15 miles into the back-country then I couldn't climb a mole hill. It was like balancing on one ski all the way out and it was a b****!! I was sore for a week after that. I didn't get too much riding in this year but the sled ran great when I did ride. Can't wait to get it back out again. Thanks for the tips on the engine removal and install, it made things go a lot easier. No more mods for me, just putting the sway bar back in and replacing the broke stuff (ski rubbers, a-arm and shock). Good luck with the re-build!

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Just to rub it in...for my 900 buddies...

2ft of fresh in the Tahoe-Sierras.... Today... more on the way tonight...

WAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:face-icon-small-coo No worries it snowed AGAIN today and supposedly the next 3-4 days . Keep sending it this way...and thanks for sharing:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
going to be getting a BOSS seat for this bad boy in 2 weeks...its used and has some sun fading on it, but that doesnt bother me...and the price is right! ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i will also be getting the VE tunnel mid june, going to pick it up in person to save on shipping $, then i will try and get the powder coat on it hopefully...(orange/black)

Premium Features