• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many of you 900 guys are going to pay the $10?

M
900 forum

I'm still unsure of whether I will pay the $10 or not. Very likely I will need some of the info here as I have 3200 KM on an untouched 2005 model. I had planned to sell the sled as I was overwhelmed with the number of issues these sleds are known for. But mine has been troublefree other than sensor issues and I got it cheap. Basically got it for a $1000 plow truck that I put about $500 more of body parts into and maybe 50 hrs labor to repair the body and paint. So cash money I only paid $1500. It still needs an exhaust sensor and something is goofy with the speed sensor as the speedo is all over the place. Sure love riding it. So ya, I'll probably join.

M
Dec 21, 2007
Washington
You guys are really missing the point. The money is NOT going to those who are actually helping each other out. I would gladly send $10 to those who are really helping us.

This membership feed is going to corporate publishers who know they can make lots of $$$$ ($30 at 30K members = $1,000,000). The costs of hosting a website are NOT that high. They are GOUGING us.

Harris Publications is just a pimp using OUR experience and knowledge to profit from and that should offend everyone on here.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
You guys are really missing the point. The money is NOT going to those who are actually helping each other out. I would gladly send $10 to those who are really helping us.

This membership feed is going to corporate publishers who know they can make lots of $$$$ ($30 at 30K members = $1,000,000). The costs of hosting a website are NOT that high. They are GOUGING us.

Harris Publications is just a pimp using OUR experience and knowledge to profit from and that should offend everyone on here.

i agree with you but i am not willing to throw in the towel on the best knowledge base on the internet for everything sled related especially for the 900's.

Everything costs money and you can/will beable to view parts of the site for free so lets see how it goes. heck i waste way more than 10 bucks on parts that don't work on my sled so someone has to make money so it may be HP this time. I don't really agree with it but it is the way of life. I was told most things in life worth having arn't free.

ok getting off my soap box ;)

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
i agree with you but i am not willing to throw in the towel on the best knowledge base on the internet for everything sled related especially for the 900's.

Everything costs money and you can/will beable to view parts of the site for free so lets see how it goes. heck i waste way more than 10 bucks on parts that don't work on my sled so someone has to make money so it may be HP this time. I don't really agree with it but it is the way of life. I was told most things in life worth having arn't free.

ok getting off my soap box ;)

:( too true

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I completely understand what your getting at MT...but if you use this forum as much as some of us do..you have got to understand the amount of knowledge that is on here, and great deals on parts in the swapmeet..access to tons of thread that you would never be able to print..and even be able to talk directly with some of the BEST aftermarket companies and suppliers that sledding has to offer...

a $10 fee is nothing.....

C

Cracked Throttle

Oct 4, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I am new to the forum, but have gotten alot of info. already and I plan to stay and get to know all of you better, and I hope that I will have something to offer back to all of you ! So I'm in for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
The more you type, the more it's clear you have a problem with the Mormon church. We don't need to know that avow is a Mormon site. The only thing that is relevant is that he owns the site and it's a pay site.

Like I said earlier, LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF THIS.

KSH

I don't understand your opinion and see no benefit for it towards this snowmobile forum.

I think it is you who keeps bringing up religion while the other postings declare they are not biased towards any ones religion.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I completely understand what your getting at MT...but if you use this forum as much as some of us do..you have got to understand the amount of knowledge that is on here, and great deals on parts in the swapmeet..access to tons of thread that you would never be able to print..and even be able to talk directly with some of the BEST aftermarket companies and suppliers that sledding has to offer...

a $10 fee is nothing.....

But I bet people have archived much of the data here and I bet it is going to other sites. As have I cause Snowest does little to store the technology and forum. They don't create the great info here, the users do.

Another thing ... how well do we know the other posters on here and what "vested" interest do they have ?

They want to charge go ahead I have no control over the enforcement and monitoring of this site.

Can I get credit for any usable postings that created value on the site?

I have been on forums on the computer since 1987. This paid forum will last if other unpaid forums provide less quality advice.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM

1. 30k menbers yes . Only a small fraction are active at all so they would be lucky to see 10k! I'd say it will be more like 3k that actually put up the cash . ( 3k x 30.00 = 90,000.00 ) for three years of running this site,new servers ,etc. Seeems reasonable to me .

2. IMO this in a logical progression from print media to digital media. The internet is killing print media and that is good IMO less mags ,papers ,etc. is a good thing . I dont get the magazine and havent for a couple years now. Why would I there is way more useful info here than in all the mags they ever printed x 10000000.00 . I would bet Harris will make a buck on this but big money I hardly think so they are most likley responding to a shift in media and a struggling economy just like the rest of us.

3. I hope this thins out the herd a bit so this site is left to serious sled nuts like myself and my 900 brothers.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
1. 30k menbers yes . Only a small fraction are active at all so they would be lucky to see 10k! I'd say it will be more like 3k that actually put up the cash . ( 3k x 30.00 = 90,000.00 ) for three years of running this site,new servers ,etc. Seeems reasonable to me .

2. IMO this in a logical progression from print media to digital media. The internet is killing print media and that is good IMO less mags ,papers ,etc. is a good thing . I dont get the magazine and havent for a couple years now. Why would I there is way more useful info here than in all the mags they ever printed x 10000000.00 . I would bet Harris will make a buck on this but big money I hardly think so they are most likley responding to a shift in media and a struggling economy just like the rest of us.

3. I hope this thins out the herd a bit so this site is left to serious sled nuts like myself and my 900 brothers.

I couldn't have said it better myself. amen!!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

But the "other" parts od the herd are so .... entertaining.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I am new to the forum, but have gotten alot of info. already and I plan to stay and get to know all of you better, and I hope that I will have something to offer back to all of you ! So I'm in for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to have you and welcome to the forum!!!:beer;

On another note...I really hope SW sells this forum as a PRODUCT....when you pay for something you should get something in return that isnt free elsewhere. I know how valuable this site is...but other newbs dont. So snowest if your listening...please advertise this site as a product...let people know that they are getting better performance, better information, unlimited access...etc....so the site will continue to grow!!! thats all from me...

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
If I remember there was another 900 forum <free> where a lot of us "old timers" first started sharing info.
It used to be time consuming checking both forums to help out or find the help you needed.
I do not think there has been a post there for months (really)!
Would it or could it revive itself? Seems it has changed format also....
Looks like alot of us 900 owners did what was needed and got a specific subforum here..
Yes it is much easier to see all of you in ONE place even if I/We don't get to post as often as we wish.
If say we were to run in to each other or more at say Strozi's in West Yellowstone I'm sure I could easily spend 30 dollars and MORE buyin all of you guys a BEER..!
So it seems money is not the object.
It is definetly a good value (cheaper) to chat here...than say Hillclimb
Maybe it's the presentation of wanting us to pay for something we did not have to before?
I personally think you all are worth it!!! Thanks !!!!!
Yeah I am done....:p No I am out of beer...........

A

addam27

Dec 9, 2008
Bye Snowest!

I am not paying, not renewing my subscription either. you all should move over the the other site, pm me for details, snowest keeps erasing it once posted.

M
Dec 21, 2007
Washington

I am extremely serious too, but I also know the value of a $ and can tell when I am getting jerked for profit.

How can you claim this site to be for the benefit of others and then want to thin out the herd? Only those with an issue that pay should get help while those who don't are left out without help? That is not logically consistent with the claim of wanting to be a resource to the 900 community.

I am waiting for Harris Publishing to come out with the new Terms Of Service where they take ownership of the content posted on the site. Then all this information becomes their property. Just watch....

So many reasonably fear the government but then bend over willing for a corporation who's only goal is profits! Really....

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else and i've wasted $10 on alot of other useless things in life to not pay it for something i enjoy and learn from everyday.

I will say this: I am not dedicated or knowledgeable as alot of other 900 owners on here but unfortunately i have so darn much on my plate that i must seperate myself from sled modding, etc. throughout the year to accomplish other priorities but when it comes to sled season i enjoy seeing, helping, talking with other guys and appriciate all the help i get when i have a question or brainstorm to share on this site.

by far the biggest shop manual you'll ever get and really priceless IMO... live talk, and every answer you'll ever need at your fingertips.

WHO THE H_LL Can COMPLAIN?

thanks to all staying and i hope alot of others will change their minds :)

oh and 1 more thing:

if anyone knows of someone whos not paying and is a huge benefactor to this 900 site, along with other threads then we need to find a way to keep those people here even if we need to pay an extra 25cents each to keep them here.

i'm talking people along those lines of MTN HORSE knowledge that really should be paid to be here with all the help, knowledge they share.

So kudos to those and you know who you are! I hope to see everyone here on jan 2..

thanks, thats all i'll say about this now. . . BRAAAAAP

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Well guys I almost should change my answer to this question for now. I don't know if I should pay.

As some of you know I am gonna be leaving soon. I found out on friday that I am being called back into Active duty with the Army. I have been out of active duty almost two years. This has come very unexpectantly and my time is limited. I am to report for duty Jan. 17th and will be deploying to Iraq within 25 days of then for a period of 400 days. I wish I knew what my computer situation would be then but without knowledge of that I can only guess.

I will try and stick around but it looks rather bleak!

PS I haven't even rode yet! waiting on clutch weights to get here!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features