• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

another T900!!

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Try this one

Very nice sled...can't wait to hear how it performs!

Me too:( The "But everyone else is doing it" arguement just doesn't seem to work on my wife:D

Try this arguement on your wife; At least i'm not going out & spending 11,200 on a new sled that is the same as last years sled haha lol:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

L
Jan 20, 2008
Hey DMJ1 your sled is an absolute beauty, couple of quick questions:What 2 wheel kit are you using? What spindles are on that bad boy? and finally how do you like the Skinz seat cover, I just ordered one and am hoping the review you give is solid or I just blew 2hun.

Thanks Ryan

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Hey DMJ1 your sled is an absolute beauty, couple of quick questions:What 2 wheel kit are you using? What spindles are on that bad boy? and finally how do you like the Skinz seat cover, I just ordered one and am hoping the review you give is solid or I just blew 2hun.

Thanks Ryan

Those look like the MT Tamer Barkbuster package spindles.

Last edited:
D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007

Thanks Ryan

The 2 wheel kit i built. used kimpex 8" rear wheels
The spindles and A arms i built as well they are like timber sleds.
different angles and made of 0.050" thick chromoly steel
the skins cover is good . went on good but a bit finicky to get tight.

L
Jan 20, 2008
Nice work on machining the axle and spindles, did you one off the spindles or do you build and sell? Would be fairly interested if pricing is somewhat reasonable.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Nice work on machining the axle and spindles, did you one off the spindles or do you build and sell? Would be fairly interested if pricing is somewhat reasonable.

No i just built these for myself. They are like the timbersled setup but not the same.
I would recommend contacting timbersled for purchase. :)

M
Dec 5, 2007
Chehalis, WA
Very nice set up! Food for thought, the slp pipe will crack, DO NOT use v-force they will fail, possible head gasket problems with aftermarket head, beware of derick's clutching. I ride a T975 and know all about potential problems. If you can address some or all the issues you may face you will have more seat time by the time the snow melts! I am happy to share any info on my experiences to help my fellow 900 buddys. I you have questions ask on the post but pm me so I can answer them for you or any other fellas reading this post.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Very nice set up! Food for thought, the slp pipe will crack, DO NOT use v-force they will fail, possible head gasket problems with aftermarket head, beware of derick's clutching. I ride a T975 and know all about potential problems. If you can address some or all the issues you may face you will have more seat time by the time the snow melts! I am happy to share any info on my experiences to help my fellow 900 buddys. I you have questions ask on the post but pm me so I can answer them for you or any other fellas reading this post.

Thanks for the info machineman
a t975 must be something else!!
What are your clutching recommendations?
sent ya a PM

Ya the old clutch set up worked but not great. Thats why I have the custom weights made cause it was the only way to make the sled run right. Tried everything and nothing was perfect. There's only 2 sleds running around at this time with my weights.

Also your 975 had the aerocharger didnt it???? Clutching for the two is way diffrent let alone the fact your's was a 975.

Thanks
Derek

H
Nov 11, 2009
turbo

how much did it cost parts and labor for the turbo, just curious. i just bought a brand new 900 and might be into putting that on.

thanks

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
how much did it cost parts and labor for the turbo, just curious. i just bought a brand new 900 and might be into putting that on.

thanks

it wasn't to bad
i would contact Derek for pricing .
i did build alot of the stuff my self.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
t 900

Well I took this thing for a ride yesterday!
wow!! had it dialed in for fuel in 10-15 min.
Hit 7 lbs of boost and a way ya go!!lol.:):)
Was just riding it on some logging roads so no pulls in
the hills yet. I was Really surprised at how easy and fast it was to
tune! The Attitude box is very nice and user friendly.
Just a couple miner clutching tweaks and a BOV to put on
and off to the hills!:D

Premium Features