• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to drop some $$$ getting 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Well after much thought and number crunching i decided to replace the crank on my 05 and go with the htg 975 kit while i am at it :D:D

now i can't wait for the parts to get here and get her build. thanks to all for your input. :beer;:beer;

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Well after much thought and number crunching i decided to replace the crank on my 05 and go with the htg 975 kit while i am at it :D:D

now i can't wait for the parts to get here and get her build. thanks to all for your input. :beer;:beer;

How much TOTAL $$$$ will it cost?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
SWEEEEEEEEEET..

yes let me know what it cost you as well..

i even looked into the 1140cc kit..;) but NO WAY can i afford that...well if i want to stay married that is

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
How much TOTAL $$$$ will it cost?

rob said 1695 plus shipping for his kit. you have to send him your upper case,cylinders,head and exhaust valves. and ecu. 3-5 week turn around.

he suggested using a boondocker box also because he has changed the porting since he had polaris flash his ecu's and he can't get them to change it very easy.

he has the boondocker numbers though. as far as the rest i am looking at around 1500 for the new crank/clutch kit and new cases with new oil/water pump drive gear and bearings

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Hope it runs well for ya. ;)Sled me a pm if you ever come sledding west ward.

we are headed west probably 3 times this season. we are taking one 1 week trip to either cooke city again or maybe try island park idaho haven't decided.

also going to take 2 long weekenders to vail colorado or laramie

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
going with the polaris 32mm clutch kit. just can't swing the indy dan if i want to do the big bore and i really want the big bore :D:D

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

going with the polaris 32mm clutch kit. just can't swing the indy dan if i want to do the big bore and i really want the big bore :D:D

well just to let you know..

the TMI crank is like $1795 i think..1yr warrenty, new cases, and it has the billet PTO end, with a Polaris clutch..BUT you have the option to rebuild it if you ever have an issue, and you can always upgrad to the TMII/TMIII/TMIV if you ever wanted too..

food for thought if your spending $1700 already

this will be my olnly option if i ever get the cash for the crank build..and is WAY better then what we got IMO ;)

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i called indy dan and he said 2000 for the crank and 2495 for the tm3 also i still would have to buy the oil pump drive shaft because i am building a complete motor and the core i have dosen't have the oil pump drive shaft so you have to add 150 to his

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
If I would have known you had that kind of coin I would have charged you more for the CC Cover;) A 975 would be fun ! Good luck !

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
I hope you have better luck on the turn around time from HTG than I do from Carls. I was told I would have an engine at my door around the first week of Sept. Now its 4 more weeks from yesterday!

As far as an 1140 kit goes I don't think you can get it any more... I know carl's wouldn't make it for me. I am also the last person getting the 975 from them so I was hoping the would just let me get the 1140. Nope.

Good luck on your build. Let us know how it goes!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

Congrats, keep us updated on how the build goes... :D:D:beer;

I've got a Carl's 975 and it rocks! I've heard good things about the HTG kit too. I haven't heard if Carl's will still make the 1140, they only made a handful. I know if there is enough interest they will still make the 975 kits for now.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I have some info that was given to me about someone that has built some 1140 kits, and will do upon request..

i will give him a call and talk it over with him with details and post back it up..

You know..i would look good on an 1140...what do you think (nolan ;))

Premium Features