• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yahoo!!! Bought a new sled today!!!:-)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
fordguy... that can is a 2005 SLP ... made in 2005... different than the 2005/06 can they made when the 06 came out. That one is my fav on the 2005 chassis...but not avail since 2006.

Order the FBF throttle cable now... you'll be happy you did and not have to wait for it during the season.

I really would pull the engine out if I were you and throw in the 2006 motor mounts (cheap from high perf engineering) or the best " Compfusion " mounts as your mounts are probably broken internally. This will give you a chance clean up the engine compartment..... learn more about the sled.... remove and leave out the bottom two recoil housing bolts that keep you from accessing the pull start rope/stator/flywheel if something goes wrong and you wont have to pull the engine again to get to those bolts.

Those spindles SUCK on the 2005's.... I'd really think about chaging them out.

Also... your buddies sled has some different springs on the front shocks.... probably a higher rate than yours (look like cats).... with 2000 miles on your sled... the shocks WILL need service. Get that done AND the cheap 225 lb front track spring...that is if you want your sled to handle well.

Pull the entire skid out when you do the shocks... makes it MUCH easier... also, you can check out the condition of the suspension, pull the cross shafts, clean out the rust and old grease, make sure all the parts are good and put it all back together with some new Hyfax if needed (hyfax is dirt cheap).

This 2005 mount LOOKED OK while in the sled and even sitting on the bench!!
Brokenmount.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I as well owned an EDGE rmk before i got my IQ rmk, personally it was an extremely easy platform to get used to. I had riden M's and REV's before and to me it was a little hard to get used to. This platform is just amazing and im sure you'll love it. Congrats!

Cool, thanks for sharing, I have ridden my buddies' 06 900 166 and and 08 M1000 153 and the M seemed more familiar to ride at the the time, but we only took out the sway bar on the 06 9 towards the end of the season and that made a huge difference from how it was. I also liked the whole riding position better on the IQ than on the M... a little taller, more comfortable, yet at the same time, less familiar than my edge. Looking forward to it tho:D

And thanks again all... really glad to hear some good in here... have certainly read a lot of bad threads about the 9s and it had me on the fence for a while, Thanks for the Encouragement:D:beer;:cool:

E
Nov 28, 2007
I can hardly remember when mine looked that way!!!! Two thinks for ya,
Eric (mountainhorse) know his crap on this sled, he help me a BUNCH.

2nd if you need some update parts check out the swapmeet under Polaris I am parting out my 2005 RMK 900 and have some parts that could help you out with this sled.

Just hard to wait for the snow to start falling again.

Good Luck

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Actually, I think the stock hp was 149.7 If i remember right, haha. :D

CLEAN sled you got, seth! congrats, when you flying up to come ride? :cool:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well, I talked to the mechanic that did the rebuild this spring when it came in on trade. It does infact have a brand new crank as well as top end and 1 jug, new stator, all the updates, etc... definitely some good news, actually an unexpected bonus:D:D

Grabbed up some new throttle body boots and an HRP read delete kit which comes with an aluminum hose connecter as well as a hose plug for the deleted hose rather than the SLP plastic connecter and flow restrictor for the useless hose loop. Also picked up a tether and cover... so parts round 1 is in full swing:D

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Found a great deal on an 05 900 166 Anniversary Edition and decided to pull the trigger on it:D Yes I know these sleds have their problems and quirks, I have been doing a LOT of research on them lately and would like to think I am going in on this with my eyes open. The sled has a new Top end with updated pistons, new stator and a couple other things in that department, as well as brand new '09 gripper skis that have never seen the snow, what I am guessing is probably an HPS can on it, and scratchers...:D

Just can't wait to tear into this thing, First on the list is new throttle body boots, followed by removing the front radiator and installing a Skinz bumper, removing the sway bar, an SLP vent kit, Tether, probably an intake (either Fire and Ice or Timbersled) and double checking the oiler cable (the throttle section of the cable is in excellent condition).

My buddy has an '06 9 that rips, so I know what these 9s are capable of given the proper amount of finesse and elbow grease, just can't wait for the snow now:D:D

Here's a couple quick pics, gonna take more tomorrow as it is in my buddies garage at the moment...

:D

Clean looking sled, and we'll help ya with it any way we can, but with that said..

I would STRONGLY urge you to do the CompFusion mounts before you do anything else to it. That is the best insurance policy you can buy for that sled as far as avoiding many of the problems that plagued them.

After that, gear it down a little bit, and get some vents on the clutch side ....

Where you go from there is entirley up to your own imagination :)

Oh, and make sure you put the new pigtain on the TPS sensor.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
also if you want I have an SLP can that will fit a 2005 or 2006 900 RMK I will sell for $115 shipped anywhere in the US. It has one season on it.

Premium Features