• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<< MASSIVE UPGRADE to the SnoWest Forums coming >>

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Prolly gunna lose my post count AGAIN! :tsk:
While I don't know for a fact yet, I don't THINK that is going to happen this time around.

The #1 goal of this transition is to MAINTAIN 100% of the content.
So long as we export all of your posts, your post count should remain the same.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
DONE
The new "Conversation" system, allows direct embedding of graphics just like a thread or post does!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Link an already uploaded image into a PM.. Or new UPLOAD into the pm?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
BOTH.....even if I just read it, it will have my avatar next to thread title letting me know I either READ or POSTED in it, and then when I click on thread title it goes to last un-read post. Sent you PM.

The old software here used to high-lite a read thread a diff colour I think.
Apparently that was before 2008.
Heck - "I" was before 2008! LOL!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The old software here used to high-lite a read thread a diff colour I think.
Apparently that was before 2008.
Heck - "I" was before 2008! LOL!

About half of the Moderators have made their way over to the "Test" version of the new forums and begun the process of learning the new language.

They can comment on how things work and where we will still want to write more new custom code to make it work exactly the way we want it to.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
About half of the Moderators have made their way over to the "Test" version of the new forums and begun the process of learning the new language.

They can comment on how things work and where we will still want to write more new custom code to make it work exactly the way we want it to.

The new platform is user friendly

Posting pictures and videos will be super easy

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Paying for any forum is a ****ing joke and people that do are suckers. Getting spammed with someones magic diet bull**** is what made me realize how crappy this forum is. I read and post for free. Could care less what happens past the magic post count. Can someone please justify why you spend money to be on this dumpster fire of a forum?

I pay because I'm not poor and like supporting things I enjoy. If you worked a little harder in life and we're more successful you probably wouldn't be crying like a bum on a freeway off ramp with a sign. Enjoy your free life :face-icon-small-con

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I pay because I'm not poor and like supporting things I enjoy. If you worked a little harder in life and we're more successful you probably wouldn't be crying like a bum on a freeway off ramp with a sign. Enjoy your free life :face-icon-small-con
The cost of Premium Memberships is pretty dang LOW..
There is no body in this sport that can't afford one of our Memberships.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We have started the process of EXPORTING content from this forum to the new forum.

Its a BEAR.

First estimates look like a 5 day process to export, convert, verify and then import. And that is just for the first TEST RUN.

I think tomorrow we might dial up the SW servers from Summer Mode to Winter Mode and see if we can't add some horsepower to this massive amount of data processing to speed things along a bit faster.

Premium Features