• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods for a 2003 rmk 800 edge

T
Dec 22, 2016
I'm looking for the best power mods to a 2003 rmk edge I have two of these sleds one has a slp pipe and can the other just has a slp can looking to give them some more power to keep up with the newer sleds any ides?

my first idea is that they are not really worth doing performance mods to as theyr value is low in the market place now days.
a vertical escape or boss seat will save you about 20 lbs and so would running with half a tank of fuel.
enjoy them for what they are and service the clutches makes the most sense to me.
i own 3 of them and i wonder why...

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You did not mention what track length they are. You also didn't mention whether you intend to ride trails or off trail, flat land or mountains.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Call Carl's Cycle in Boise and beg them to dig out their porting templates and port the cylinders for you on the one with the SLP single.

sled_guy

S
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis,MN
I'm looking for the best power mods to a 2003 rmk edge I have two of these sleds one has a slp pipe and can the other just has a slp can looking to give them some more power to keep up with the newer sleds any ides?

If you really want to spend the money....A slp performance edition kit makes these old 800's a beast. I can beat my dads '15 800 etech in a race on a good day.

Other than that, just buy parts to make it lighter but overall you will spend way more than what it is worth. It is your money though so do what you wish with it!

Kd2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2013
North Central Montana
When I had my motor rebuilt, I had the guy custom port and polish the cylinders for a SLP single pipe and can. He also plugged the decompression hole (Its hard to start now, almost rips your hand off when it doesn't fire). The thing really runs now. I love it. But if I didn't need to have my motor rebuilt, I probably wouldn't have had it done due to the cost for my 03.

Premium Features