• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will this '02 crankshaft work with my '03 RMK???

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Yea the 02 crank is the same as 03, 04, 05. I'm nearly certain the non VES 800 engines (00 & 01') had the same bottom end too. It's been a few years since I needed to know though.

D
Oct 15, 2016
Yea the 02 crank is the same as 03, 04, 05. I'm nearly certain the non VES 800 engines (00 & 01') had the same bottom end too. It's been a few years since I needed to know though.

Thanks for all the help guys. Purchased it, it arrived and fits perfect in the case! Now time to find a cylinder and piston! :)

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You have the big bearing kit on your crank. The other should also, otherwise you are going to have to have one put on. The mileage on the crank is extremely important. Anything over 3000 miles is suspect. Over 4000 miles and it is probably already toast. Don't expect the mileage that is represented, to be correct. If the sled wasn't already toast, there would be no reason to part it out.

what next?

are you going to get the run out on that crank checked? doing a line boar on the cases is popular to make sure you have the right crush on the crank bearings, you might consider drilling the oil holes out to 1/4" and 45* angles on each end out towards the seals. maybe rebuild the clutch and balance it? ware does it all end on an old machine how much is enough?
I ask myself will the sled be worth as much as the money I put into the parts.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Track rear bogie wheel bearings are toast at 3000 miles. Drive shaft bearings also take a beating, especially if they were not given grease.

Premium Features