• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Plastics

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Have not been on this thread for awhile now but I just finished my 2006 Switch 900. I went with the new '09 plastic, F-N-I intake, SLP pipe and can and right now the boost box is riding againt the plastic and the pipe is touching the intake on the other side. So, I need to make some modifications for that yet. Any suggestions?

Otherwise, I also added a new Polaris P2 driven clutch, '07 seat, 1.352" Cobra track (for flatland riding), '09 race spindles, graphics from ArcticFX and powder coated pretty much everything black (front bumper, rear bumper, spindles and the entire rear skid.

Photo1.jpg Photo2.jpg

O
Jan 27, 2008
I almost do same thing to my stock airbox,guidoxpress...But too much work for lazy man like me!!:face-icon-small-hap
I heat up my new plastics and made some room for airbox,not so pretty but works fine.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Have not been on this thread for awhile now but I just finished my 2006 Switch 900. I went with the new '09 plastic, F-N-I intake, SLP pipe and can and right now the boost box is riding againt the plastic and the pipe is touching the intake on the other side. So, I need to make some modifications for that yet. Any suggestions?

Otherwise, I also added a new Polaris P2 driven clutch, '07 seat, 1.352" Cobra track (for flatland riding), '09 race spindles, graphics from ArcticFX and powder coated pretty much everything black (front bumper, rear bumper, spindles and the entire rear skid.

That is a very nice looking sled! I had the same problem! I ended up warming up the plastic and molding it outward to make a little clearance! it worked great! I also had to make a little bracket from a small piece of scrap metal to hold the airbox in place closer to the plastic! Where in wisconsin r u from?

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
That is a very nice looking sled! I had the same problem! I ended up warming up the plastic and molding it outward to make a little clearance! it worked great! I also had to make a little bracket from a small piece of scrap metal to hold the airbox in place closer to the plastic! Where in wisconsin r u from?

Yeah - that was tricky. I ended up actually cutting out a section of the plastic and adhering that pre-filter material over the cutout with a little 'slack' in it for the airbox. Looks like is should work pretty good. Still had to "form" the pipe for clearance as well.

I see you are from Johnson Creek? Small world.....I live up by the Twin Cities outside of Hudson, WI. but we moved here six years ago from Watertown. Originally from the Milwaukee/Madison area.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I wish I had seen this before I ordered the Skinz bumper for my 05. :face-icon-small-dis

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I wonder if Skinz would just cancel my order since it has been a month and they still haven't made it.:face-icon-small-dis

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Call them, I don't forsee a problem with cancelling an order that hasn't been built yet. This is a great upgrade and has many benefits both asthetically pleasing and functional.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
it makes the sled feel leaner and it goes through the snow better in my opinion. well worth the work and $$$$

call them and i bet they would cancel it for ya.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
might as well save your money and get a newer sled rather than sink your money into a tank! lol

Polaris doesn't have a new 900 to buy. When they do then maybe I would consider getting a new sled. Until then I will keep making improvements every year and I think a lot of 900 owners feel the same.

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
it makes the sled feel leaner and it goes through the snow better in my opinion. well worth the work and $$$$

call them and i bet they would cancel it for ya.

I'm still trying to decide if I can afford another 200 over the cost of the bumper. I really need the rear extension more than this and I am already stretching my funds on upgrades.

I think I have a pretty good idea on how I can modify my TCP intake with a filter so it sucks cold air coming through the front of the sled still and those vents would be gone so that is going to run into more dollars. Although I think it would be very simple to take the TCP intake and seal the bottom then cut a hole in the top and install the BiggDawg air intake onto it. Might even work better than the stock plastic one since mine is completely under the pipe is has no clearance issues, and it has a nice flat top made of aluminum plate to mount the adapter to.

I guess I could always sell the Skins bumper and all the take off parts later if I can come up with more cash for this project. That or just add this to next years annual wish list with the TM3 crank.

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
I hit a tree and broke my plastics on 06 rmk900. a buddy had the three 09 pieces of plastic off dragon and I ordered a used factory bumper. are there any other pieces I will need to do this conversion? thanks

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I hit a tree and broke my plastics on 06 rmk900. a buddy had the three 09 pieces of plastic off dragon and I ordered a used factory bumper. are there any other pieces I will need to do this conversion? thanks

U will need the bumper close off plate, left and right upper bumper brackets (which are also the sway bar brackets) and the lower bumper bracket and hood bracket that goes to the hood cause the 900 hood has the hinge built into the hood part but the narrow one has the hinge on the bumper.

Premium Features