• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video For Tps Setting 2005 900 and 2006 700/900 CFi

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Would be a good idea once you hook up your cable and bodies again after doing the settings to check again WOT with throttle pull to make sure your throttle is fully opening the bodies.

If you have a FBF cable does the cable have the adjuster too under the handlebar cover?

yes it does

S
Nov 22, 2010
I can't get the link to the video to work......
I would like to see the video....please help.
Found 2 of the 3 wires in my TPS sensor harness were bad.
The only thing holding the wires in place were the little rubber gromets (over crimped). 2006 RMK 900
Thanks, I've been having troubles, but I think I've found the problem.
TPS setting with plates closed ____
TPS setting WOT ____
TPS setting at idle _____
It sounds like the specs are different for the smaller motors.
Thanks
Mark

C
Nov 5, 2009
Viva Las Vegas
Can someone please post a picture of their home made tps tester? Bought all the radioshack parts and have a tps harness, and now I'm scratching my head when comparing it to mountainhorse's pic. Hopefully a couple of pics will help me build this tester.

B
Sep 3, 2004
SW MN
www.itctel.com
I'll dig mine out that I have made just incase someone else needs it also.

I found the doc I had that I followed. Had to take out some pics so it would fit. But it is pretty easy to follow to make.

Dont use huge wire either makes it tougher to work with. 16 gauge will be plenty.

And all the parts can be bought at Radio Shack. Can be used on the 02-05 5-800's also for setting the TPS.

I made 5 of them this past winter once they found out that I was running a little better than them. The throttle responce was quite noticable on my 02 700 144 RMK. From factory we found that they were 5.29 or so. Think we tuned it to 5.02 or so. I know that info doesnt pretain to the 900's but the 600-800 liberty twins 02-05 it worked great on for info.

Attachments

• pol tps tester.doc
    76.5 KB · Views: 114

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Put it on YouTube today for more reliable viewing.

Here is a link to a video on how to set the TPS on your 2005 900 or 2006 900 - 700 CFI polaris.

This video does NOT apply to 600/700/800 CFI small-block engines in 2007 -2009

K
Jan 17, 2014
How to make your TPS tool work when its not exactly 5 volts---A friend of mine is a electrical engineer, and he sent me an Excel spreadsheet that will allow you to use a voltage regulator that does not equal 5 volts (say 4.96 or any other number), to set your TPS. Just type in the volts you get from testing your home made TPS tool, into the attached spreadsheet. Below is his explanation for why this will work. This will prevent the radio shack heartache that I experienced as it will not matter if the regulator is exactly 5 volts anymore!!!
Found a blog post that shows a schematic of the TPS. It is essentially a variable resistor (potentiometer). The output is a tap off the pot which is provides a voltage which is divided down from the input voltage. The good thing is that the output is ratiometric with the input voltage. This means that you don’t need a precision reference to calibrate the system. You only need to scale the expected voltages in accordance with the ratio of voltage you apply to the ideal expected 5.000 volts. In other words, if you supply half the voltage (2.500 volts), expect exactly half the output voltage (0.355 volts at zero, and 0.465 volts at idle), or any other proportion. The attached spreadsheet provides a place to input the voltage of your supply and provides the correct zero and idle voltages for calibration. No precision source needed!

Attachments

• Polaris Fusion TPS Settings.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 58
Premium Features