• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

And the Build Begins.....A 900 RAW RMK from the ground up.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
hey Eric.

any progress on this baby lately or is it on the back burner for a few months..

Lots of guys are dying to see this baby going....and i am on the top of that list ;)

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Times are tough... twice the work for the same pay these days....

I'll be posting up the build as soon as it rolls again.

Gotta pay the bills first!!

I hear that ! Theres gonna be some short funded builds this year. My list is shorter all the time. I am affraid demand will be slower for my parts this season.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
First time I have seen this. This is going to be amazing when you get it done. I do have a question for you though concerning this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
As far as the fuel pump goes... the 2006 900 runs an 8 bar pump (116psi)... all the other CFi engines run a 4 bar (58psi) pump... you will need to retrofit the Airtex pump from the 2006 into the new tank.. the stock flange assy will not accept this pump however.

It is my understanding that a 2005 900 engine will bolt into a 2006 but not vise versa. Why not use a 2005 900 engine for this with your newer bulkhead since the 05 2 injector engine runs 58 psi fuel pressure? Then there would be no issue with the fuel pump and if you needed a replacement it would be an off the shelf part.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Right line of thinking... not as easy as it sounds though... Especially with a revised steering arrangement.

This has been a tough year for me... I have not had time to work on my own projects which is a bummer... I hope to get the momentum rolling soon.

Thanks for the interest.

Guido... you already are doing it the right way... your build is awesome!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I thought I read somewhere in one of biggdawgs post that the newer steering post didn't interfere with the injectors on the 05 engine, but the the 06 engine would in no way go into an 05 chassis because the post hit the injectors.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ERIC...

dude whats the status on this build.

this type of build is in my near future on one of my sleds...i would hate to beat you, and you KNOW how long this crap takes me to finish, HAHA...

any progress man, i wanna see some pics... ;)

Premium Features