• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOT AGAIN!! Busted some stuff on my 900!!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Do you have the paperwork or email to prove to them that you had added collision ins?

I HATE insurance companies.... that is why I don't carry insurance on my sled (it's not required in WA.) They are nothing but a bunch of crooks:rolleyes:

This is the WORST thing you could doo is NOT run insurance. What happens if you flip off your sled and it ghostrides and hurts someone?

Sorry, but I'm a stickler for this kind of stupidity. Too many times people get hurt by someone elses sled.

Responsibility includes helping protect the others you ride with.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
This is the WORST thing you could doo is NOT run insurance. What happens if you flip off your sled and it ghostrides and hurts someone?

Sorry, but I'm a stickler for this kind of stupidity. Too many times people get hurt by someone elses sled.

Responsibility includes helping protect the others you ride with.

good point Dave..

i do run ins on the sleds...mainly because i owe money on my 900 still...hers is paid off but worth to have on it...i have just comp on hers...MAINLY for theft protection...but i think i need to keep collision/comp on everything i ride.lol..

i will see what the Ins company comes up with..they are reviewing the papers now. :rolleyes:

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
zip-ties, zip-ties, zip-ties. If the guy isn't your wifes boss, ***** slap him when she's not looking! Just kidding, stuff like this happens glad you didn't get hurt. Medical bills cost way more than sled parts. $20,000 for a new knee last season! From now on don't admire the scenery unless you are pointed up it!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well, got it all fixed up today...and installed some SKUFF plates that i had Polzinhunter make me from UHMW, then got some .025" aluminum and i powder coated them RED to stand out since i dont have any decals..i wanna protect the tunnel from my boots hitting them..

got the hood fixed up..since a piece was missing, i used the same size aluminum as above and sut it to match the angle and powder coated that BLACK (of coarse right ;)) and used rivots to keep it sturdy..then made my own hood strap holder since that was missing too...it REALLY blends in considering a piece is missing there on the hood, lol..

the fender and nose pan came out fairly decent too, my plastic welder stop working on me, so i used a torch and soldering iron to melt/blend the plastic together and then on the back side i used the same aluminum and rivoted the plastic to that...its VERY strong, body lines are straight....now i just need to keep it together...:eek:

i took the fox floats off the wifes sled so i can meet up with BIGGDAWG in Island Park, Idaho next week ;)

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
FrankenSled
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Great work! :beer;:beer;:D

You'd have seen a lot of black duct tape if I was rebuilding it:face-icon-small-sho

Thank You!!

I actually was gonna use black duct tape, but i didnt want to be embarrassed when i met up with BD and his group :eek: so i tried to make it as "pretty" as i could...lol...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well thats not so bad cosidering everthing! At least your not missing your trip ! I wish i could go you lucky bastages !

true that...it fixed up pretty decent..a buddy here in town is giving me an FST hood from his 975 he has..justgot a Diamond S hood for it..so i will mess with that when i get back..or WHEN i finish off the IQR hood, lol..

Kreg..sent you an email if you havent got it already ;)

p.s. Kreg...we still need to try and meet up in UT, or CO if we can work it...or if you can somehow work majic and get to Cooke City!!

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
looking good sean, and we don't care what sleds look like in our group as long as you can ride and keep up :D:p:beer;

And avoid "stuff".

Good luck guys and have a blast. Be safe and careful with reason. I'm at the gulf coast now so I won't be riding for a bit :(:D

Driving on the beach makes me wanna take the sled out:eek: and do some watercrossing:cool:

CAM_0041.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Good to see you have it done. Did u remember to leave the note on the wife's sled LOL.:D:D:beer;:beer;

haha...i think she will notice the jack underneath it before a note..:D

i did get an FST hood today from a buddy here in town...now the wife is trying to pry it away from me for her sled...THANKS to Little John MT..your the man!! but i didnt have time to swap it out..would have to run the wiring back up for the hood/gauges and then remove the setup from my handlebars..:rolleyes:

but it should be nice to roll a headlight again, lol..just have to be in by bedtime is all..:D:beer;

FSThood.jpg

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Have an FST hood on my '08, complete w/gauges, sucker cost me $450 landed to me. Can't complain, works great, left the Turbo sticker on and fooled a buncha "kids" here already. ;) Wish I could have painted it up though, need a good setup to do that though.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I was going through old threads and found this. I want to see the pics of Guidos handywork at sled demolition..lol

Premium Features