• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog above 3/4 throttle.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
This may be a dumb question, but have you checked the throttle cable adjustment ? Make sure you have the correct freeplay at the throttle lever for the safety switches to function correctly. My '06 would display similar symptoms to yours when the throttle cable went out of adjustment.
As far as i can tell the throttle is adjusted correctly.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i would still be looking at the reeds...is there any lift in the pedals at all?? they should be FLAT on the valve...they can cause these issues for sure.

also, have you replaced the TPS wiring harness?? especially after all the pulling of the wiring to test parts, and setting the TPS..i would be willing to bet the harness is shot, you can get the updated harness for $35 and tap it in to the existing wiring harness and be done with that part at least..

keep us posted bro, and try and stay focused and not frustrated...your hard work WLL pay off. ;)

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
i would still be looking at the reeds...is there any lift in the pedals at all?? they should be FLAT on the valve...they can cause these issues for sure.

also, have you replaced the TPS wiring harness?? especially after all the pulling of the wiring to test parts, and setting the TPS..i would be willing to bet the harness is shot, you can get the updated harness for $35 and tap it in to the existing wiring harness and be done with that part at least..

keep us posted bro, and try and stay focused and not frustrated...your hard work WLL pay off. ;)
Do you have pics of how the reeds SHOULD look? What do you mean by flat on the valve?
Theres a chance i didnt know what i was looking for. *looks around*

Ill keep you guys posted for sure. Im just wanting to get riding this winter. :D

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Do you have pics of how the reeds SHOULD look? What do you mean by flat on the valve?
Theres a chance i didnt know what i was looking for. *looks around*

Ill keep you guys posted for sure. Im just wanting to get riding this winter. :D

sorry bud, dont have a pic. basically see if the reeds are completely flat all the way up/down and across the pedal, and look VERY closely for any chips...chips in the pedal are just as bad as a lifted one...

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
sorry bud, dont have a pic. basically see if the reeds are completely flat all the way up/down and across the pedal, and look VERY closely for any chips...chips in the pedal are just as bad as a lifted one...
Man, i cant remember what they looked like now. haha I know there were no chips or cracks though. Ill have to pull it apart tomorrow. Ill also see if i can find a new tps harness.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
The reason I said might be pistons was because buddy has a new F6 sno pro about 500 miles and was bogging and dying out above a certain high rpm and we figured it was electrical or something couldn't pinpoint after checking tps, ecu, harness and air intake, we couldn't figure it out and had 130/125 psi in cylinders so he flew it out (yep way up north so only way is flying stuff in which cost him $1300 one way for it) and dealer said they found the pistons were the problem and waiting on new ones, no warranty left on it since he took the engine out or mounts off himself to check other stuff. Not sure how they had that high psi since they were no more good, he didn't tell me exactly what was wrong with the pistons. Its happened to an arctic crap so could be a possibility also on yours.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
The reason I said might be pistons was because buddy has a new F6 sno pro about 500 miles and was bogging and dying out above a certain high rpm and we figured it was electrical or something couldn't pinpoint after checking tps, ecu, harness and air intake, we couldn't figure it out and had 130/125 psi in cylinders so he flew it out (yep way up north so only way is flying stuff in which cost him $1300 one way for it) and dealer said they found the pistons were the problem and waiting on new ones, no warranty left on it since he took the engine out or mounts off himself to check other stuff. Not sure how they had that high psi since they were no more good, he didn't tell me exactly what was wrong with the pistons. Its happened to an arctic crap so could be a possibility also on yours.
Not something i want to hear. :(

Heres to hoping its something simple!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
So wierd thing just now, I went out, start up the sled. RPM immediately goes up to 2000-2100 rpm. So i push the reverse button. Rpms drop, then come back up to 2000 rpm. Push the reverse button again and rpms drop then comeback up to, GET THIS 1500-1600!
WTF is going on???!?!?!??!?!! AHHHHHHHHHHH.

Umm, you are pushing the reverse button repeatedly? LOL

Premium Features