• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900RMK w/151

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
getting ready to go out tomorrow

figured out why my idle was high.....idle set screw was loose...adjusted it back down to 1400 rpm and tightened down lock nut

kinda wierd...reverse works now too....LOL

z-man.....honestly i thought you were joshing me, local Poo dealer had never heard of doing that........so to make a long answer longer, nope.....but i'll put it on my summer to do list for next season

o yeah.....and its dropping big flakes here right now
fresh pow to break in a motor.....LOL

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
On some of the 05 engines they either did not drill the holes deep enough or they got metal shavings in the holes and the bolts would bottom out before they were tight enough on the cylinders. You can see them on the 05 parts diagram but not on the 06.

19 SKU: 7556234 WSHR-FL,10X2 8 $1.36

9292C14.Gif

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
finally got to go out sledding.....did 30 miles with my wife and folks testerday
12 miles with the wife and duaghter today...got the wife on an XLT, she loved it and now im trying to buy it from my old man
my oldest, 13 year old girl took over moms 440 prowler mountian cat (hey, it was a cool sled back in the day) for her first solo ride

it was snowing pretty hard so we called it a very short day...huge wet flakes......had to keep wiping off my goggles on the trail
it put down about 3" in an hour

this 9 is everything i thought it was and more power wise
thing is a beast
had 4" of fresh powder yesterday with a very deep and set up base

anyway, heres a pic during a short rest break at 1852-A1.....a pretty good sized meadow with some jumps, and some tight tree riding if you want it

e2c31b08.jpg

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
i figured out yesterday that i need to find and install a front rad...was running a bit hot on the trails....better safe than sorry i guess
gotta figure out something for more venting too

i also think i might want to find and re-install the sway bar....its a bit tippy

will the fire&ice airbox work with the rad in?
i know the SLP wont

ran much cooler today, but it was alittle cooler out and snowing
but im sure the motor is broke in now....

also, anyone got a fix for that stupid little storage door? mine wont stay closed

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i figured out yesterday that i need to find and install a front rad...was running a bit hot on the trails....better safe than sorry i guess

i also think i might want to find and re-install the sway bar....its a bit tippy

i know the SLP wont

also, anyone got a fix for that stupid little storage door? mine wont stay closed

hey man, glad to see you got some riding in...great work on the 900 man, been following you the whole way..

i would love to hook up and ride, but i think i may have lost my stator today..but not sure yet...its down for the count rightnow :(

anyways..i would not go with a front radiator...just make sure you bleed the coolant a bunch of times to get the air out...took me a while to finally get it right...throw on some scratchers and your good...i dont get above 125 usually on my 2 900s and the 06 700...

you might need better shocks for the no sway bar...something that you can up the spring tenstion or air pressure, stock shocks dont like the sway bar out. lol.

the FNI will work with any mod on the 900 ;)

as for the storage door, i pulled mine and put vents...worse case you could get a new lock/key from polaris..its pretty cheap.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007

Mine ran cooler after I removed the radiator. install scratchers and run them down if there is less than 2 inches of fresh snow.

Stock shocks do not work well without swaybar unless you have the 166 with adjustable shocks. Install fox float 2 or Evol, Exit shocks, or fox zero pros.

i know the SLP wont

SLP airbox is junk, Radiator won't help cool on a sled run in deep powder.

Storage door fix. http://stores.homestead.com/williammoore/-strse-77/polaris-vent-sturip/Detail.bok

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
guido.....since you have problems keeping one of two 900's running
figured i could offer to let you ride mine next winter

seems i wont get to.....i get an all expence paid extended vacation to kuwait instead

and i might even get my 8 outta it

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
even though my sled is put up for the year, this sucks

it snowed 4" in MY yard a few days ago

but im in socal, sweating and training............

anyone wanna tell me how this is fair?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
even though my sled is put up for the year, this sucks

it snowed 4" in MY yard a few days ago

but im in socal, sweating and training............

anyone wanna tell me how this is fair?

I was in Phoenix and now I am heading to Milwaukee. I feel your pain.:face-icon-small-dis

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
currently building my parts pile for the 900 next summer...gonna be home for a few weeks in FEB, and just signed the wife and i up for a demo ride in seeley on the 8th...ordered a new chaincase cover, and a motor mount/cross member...need to order the mounts now and some better boards, 09 plastics, F&I intake and skinz bumper

if she likes the new 6 as much as i already like the 8 pro rmk, i might just end up with new sleds

the 9 aint going anywhere....I like it too much and the dealer wont take it on trade...his lose!!! besides, its just too damn much fun to ride

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Keep me updated on when you will be back and I will try to hook up with you to ride.

Premium Features