• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

975 build part 2 what am i thinking

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
BD, how much fabricating did you have to do for your intake? Do you have any detailed pics with instructions? I am not very good at fabbing things up. :face-icon-small-sad But, show me a good picture and some instructions, and I'm good to go! LOL.

here are more detailed pics of my intake.

intake15.jpg

intake14.jpg

intake13.jpg

intake12.jpg

intake11.jpg

intake10.jpg

intake9.jpg

intake8.jpg

intake7.jpg

intake6.jpg

intake5.jpg

intake4.jpg

intake3.jpg

intake2.jpg

intake1.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
That SLP pipe looks like it runs very close to the plastics in that new front. Have you ever had any problems with the hot pipe melting the body? I had to take my CPI pipe off after one very snowy day when the front vents got plugged with snow and it started to melt the side of the sled. I have almost the entire left side under the hood covered with heat tape now. I installed a whole bunch of new vents for this year and am going to get the pipe ceramic coated and see if it will work without melting stuff.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean what part of utah are you coming to. Maybe we could meet up to ride. Dont have the 900 anymore but would like to test out the new dragon i purchased.

sent you a PM.

Make sure he has collision insurance before you ride! And make sure your insurance is up to date just in case! :face-icon-small-con :face-icon-small-coo
damn you...if you werent my little soldier hero, and funny as hell, i would smash you....but just know that i have a 975, TM3, and a future turbo that i am gonna wreck just to spite you ;)

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
That SLP pipe looks like it runs very close to the plastics in that new front. Have you ever had any problems with the hot pipe melting the body? I had to take my CPI pipe off after one very snowy day when the front vents got plugged with snow and it started to melt the side of the sled. I have almost the entire left side under the hood covered with heat tape now. I installed a whole bunch of new vents for this year and am going to get the pipe ceramic coated and see if it will work without melting stuff.

have had zero problems with heat, i have plenty of vents and it hasn't been an issue for me. as far as the air cleaner this year it is almost touching but i triple heat taped it hope it works. i had 3 inch on it last year with plenty of room but i thought the air flow was restricted and i have the 975 this year so i went to 4 inch first test and tune is hopefully going to be thanksgiving to the snowies so we will see.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I am sure I am going to have to modify my Tri-City intake to get the Skinz bumper to mount up. If I can't make it work I will probably be running the BiggDawg intake on mine too.
I just put in side panel vents and did some cutting to get more airflow through the timbersled vents I have where the little storage boxes used to be. I have a set of Fire and Ice hood vets to install too, so hopefully I will have completely eliminated the under hood heat problem.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
sent you a PM.

damn you...if you werent my little soldier hero, and funny as hell, i would smash you....but just know that i have a 975, TM3, and a future turbo that i am gonna wreck just to spite you ;)

Oh you know I am getting jealous of you and BigDawg's progress. I was catching up 'sorta' but now it is just getting out of hand :lol: :face-icon-small-sad

I can't invest that much without any mountains out back :face-icon-small-win soon soon :rain:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Oh you know I am getting jealous of you and BigDawg's progress. I was catching up 'sorta' but now it is just getting out of hand :lol: :face-icon-small-sad

I can't invest that much without any mountains out back :face-icon-small-win soon soon :rain:

yes i have invested tooooo much but what the heck it is only money lol

first ride will be a week from today so i will be back for a full report.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Wow this thing runs awesome :face-icon-small-ton

from the garage to the trailer that is lol :face-icon-small-hap

got the sleds loaded and heading to the snowies on wed. hope my new truck is here in time.

wish me luck i hope this thing runs this year with out too much hassle :face-icon-small-con.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
update:

had it out in the snowies over thanksgiving and it ran great thank god. all the work has paid off.

got a couple of pcv auto tune maps made for the htg ecu it was 8-10% lean at idle and didn't want to idle well. added some fuel in the midrange and top end also. really shouldn't do much more to it cause it is running good but i am going to try my carls 975 ecu and see how it does and if i can run it with out the pcv.

i am running slp blue/pink primary with 11-68's turning 7700-7900 in powder and over reving on the trail pretty good. the secondary is team tied with the 75/59 .46 helix with the red/black spring. going to put the red/pink in for the next trip also going to try the 11-70's got to tinker or i wouldn't be me :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Just put my carls 975 flashed ecu in and went over everything, hadn't looked at it since my thanksgiving trip, now it is ready to rock for cooke city in feb.

want to see how it runs with the carls ecu and no map in the pcV.

also changed to a red/pink spring in my team tied secondary and went to 11-70 weights with my slp blue/pink primary spring. I was over reving a bit in the snowies. also switched to the 75-57 .46 helix to see what it does. a lot of changes hope they work, it was running pretty good before but i always have to tinker. :face-icon-small-hap

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Once you get that Tied secondary figured out, I'm thinking about switching mine over. Did you see any noticeable difference in belt temps with it?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Once you get that Tied secondary figured out, I'm thinking about switching mine over. Did you see any noticeable difference in belt temps with it?

yes belt temps are down and the back shifting is way better. you let off and get back on it and it is right there on rpms, really noticable differances between the 2.

Premium Features