• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 Bogs to 6000rpm

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
I've been having this problem with this sled for the last few years. It seems to come and go, but the sled seems to work better at high altitudes. It only bogged a couple times in Cooke the last trip last spring. But it doesn't seem to have the power it had when it was new. But when I rode it here it would in ND it would go to WOT and then it drops to 6000 rpm and holds there and you pump the throttle and sometimes it comes out of it and most times it wouldn't.
Now whats been done, injectors replaced by polaris two years ago they thought this was the problem, I replaced TPS as it was bad(we thought this was the problem, but it was just one problem) and set and checked again, I rebuilt the motor last fall and installed 06 pistons and had the crank done by Indy Specialty, I just checked Stator and TPS wiring, and other sensors.

Any other ideas. I"ve checked alot of things and am running out of ideas.

Thanks for any ideas.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Did you check; exhaust valves, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
One more idea to try, take hood off and take it out and see what the clutches are doing. Upshifting to fast could cause this. I had an old Ski-doo that did exactly this and the spring in the secondary clutch was no good. It would launch hard and then bog the motor and burn the belt.

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
I did check the valves, replaced the bellows, tried blocking off the exhaust valve solenoids to check that they were working. Replaced fuel filter last fall when I did the motor. I did not check the fuel pump pressure, it was replaced though when they did the injectors.

Thanks

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
only other thing I can think of is maybe a vacuum leak somewhere, but not sure how this would affect a fuel injected sled and I would think you would have cured one when you rebuilt the engine. If the exhaust valve was sticking maybe.

R
Dec 17, 2006
Is the antifreeze staying full in the bottle? I melted a head O ring and it was burning antifreeze and causing it to run something like that something to check. how do the plugs look?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Yes I do actually. But it was doing it before I put that on.

ok...few things i would check right now and post your results..

1. on the boondockers box, do you have the ground wire going to the factory wiring ground? (stock ground is Brown) IF you do have it there...remove it and run the control box wire to the recoil housing for a better ground...the stock ground is NOT good enough ane will cause a bog...so ground to recoil housing.

2. have you tried plugging your exhaust valves (individually NOT together) and see if the bog is gone...you might have a bad exhaust valve solenoid, or even the hoses coming from the exhuast valves could be clogged....plugging the valves will eliminate that for section.

3. have you replaced the TPS harness...if not, i would do that for sure...regardless. factory TPS wired tend to break in the insluation at the plastic harness where it clips to the TPS itself and will cause an intermittent bog as they make contact again...

hope this helps....

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
1. I think I do have it grounded to the stock brown wire. I will check that and change it this weekend.
2. I have tried blocking the valves and it still had the bog.
3. I haven't replaced the harness, but I did check the wiring connections from the tps plug to the plug by the tank. While checking this I was moving the wires to see if I could get any intermittent signal. I think I will look at replacing that harness anyways.

Thanks for the ideas to try.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I think I would do the exhaust valve mod with the seal after checking the wire if it does not cure it. If for some reason even one of your valves is not opening are falling off it would bog badly. Sounds like you have checked almost every possible thing that could be. It's would be nice if you had a second sled you could swap parts with to swap the exhaust valves and see what happens.

Premium Features