• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tracks usa 3 inch center port track problem

S
Sep 25, 2009
North Dakota
Anyone else running the tracks usa 3 inch center ported track and see the track starting to delaminate where the center driver drives on the track? I get the standard reply[gee never seen that before] from them, hard to see on the sled unless you really get in there and look.

HPIM1195.jpg HPIM1199.jpg

S
Sep 25, 2009
North Dakota
yes the center extro is always driving on the track when it should be centered and only used when the sprockets slip, this track is as tight as it can get, no more adjustment,these are the avid 7 tooth drivers, everyone take a look!!

HPIM1203.jpg

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Most of AVID's drivers are not true to pitch. They tend to fudge the drivers to a smaller diameter and thus they are always slipping and fit like your photo shows. Just one more reason I will not buy anything from them.

What your complaining about is a result of Avid's stupid driver design; not Tracks USA's center porting job.

Regardless of driver size but especially if you are going to a seven tooth driver, you need to be certain that ALL the contact surfaces are engaged at any given time.

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
What do suggest is the best option then to run a 3" track on the pro?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I had my own drivers machined and did my own drop and roll / belt drive. As I refuse to run 7 tooth drivers, regardless.

S
Sep 25, 2009
North Dakota
yes avids design is the problem not the port job or the track, I cant be the only one seeing this problem, I just don't like the never seen before reply from them, I encourage anyone else with this problem to call them.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
yes avids design is the problem not the port job or the track, I cant be the only one seeing this problem, I just don't like the never seen before reply from them, I encourage anyone else with this problem to call them.

I'm running the same track and drivers. I will take a look at mine. How many miles do you have on yours? Eric

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
This happened to my CEx3". In my situation I noticed it when letting off the throttle. The dealer I purchased my setup from had me remove material from the back side of the driver and that took care of it. I will try posting the picture that they sent to me. Not sure if your issue is the same as mine but it seems like it.

Attachments

• driver modification.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 117
S
Sep 25, 2009
North Dakota
this is on the drive side of the hole with 700 miles, it is constantly driving/touching all the time when it should only touch when the drivers try to ratchet, it should be offset a little and only touch when the drivers slip.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Anyone else running the tracks usa 3 inch center ported track and see the track starting to delaminate where the center driver drives on the track? I get the standard reply[gee never seen that before] from them, hard to see on the sled unless you really get in there and look.

Mine did the exact same thing as yours... No matter how tight I ran the track, the center driver would still hook the windows until it delaminated like yours.. I took an exacto knife and trimmed off all the rubber that got delaminated and tapered the edges of any windows that had not yet been hooked... No problems this year and a lot less vibration... I don't think it weakens the track much; I ran mine all this year with no further delamination...

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
All wheels on planet earth are round. Except for Avid drivers, they are octagon shape.

Weird.

Maybe that's the problem.

Premium Features