• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What can you do to get an m8 have more SNAP?

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
What are you running for a clutching set up as far as sprinsg and weights? The proper clutching on the m8's really makes a big difference...You can also o with a good pipe set up like the slp single and a good intake and that will help alot.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Gearing go with bdx 55/65 the are way stronger rated 350 hp so i have heard, and a lot stronger. also the rkt secondary is supposed to work good.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I think the EFI and larger displacement is a limiting factor in achieving the SNAP we would all like to have. I have seen EFI sleds with good throttle response, but the SNAP is elusive. Back a few years my YZ125 had snap, but my cousin's CR500 hauled the mail. In my opinion, you have to gear and clutch this 800 to take advantage of its broad powerband and look over your shoulder at the quick revving sleds as they turn out on the hill.

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Hey Ken,

I'm super happy with my 09 HCR. I would think there's loss of snap due to the weight of the older Diamond Drive sets. It's alot of mass to get spinning.

My 08 has the DD Lite in it and it spins up quick but it's boosted and so I can't give the credit entirely to the DD Lite.

If I was you I'd find a way to get into a 2010. From the sounds of it it looks like it's going to be a real nice machine and with the newer lighter electronic reverse DD and the lighter crankshaft it should spin up real fast.

I suspect your SLP pipe won't do much for the 2010 as the engine is designed for a different running RPM. Sell me your SLP pipeset for my 09 HCR and use the money as a down payment on the 2010. :D

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
Go with lower gears my buddy regeared his m1000 and that thing is a beast and i hear that regearing the m8 helps a bunch with keeping the clutches cooler

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Hey Ken,

I'm super happy with my 09 HCR. I would think there's loss of snap due to the weight of the older Diamond Drive sets. It's alot of mass to get spinning.

My 08 has the DD Lite in it and it spins up quick but it's boosted and so I can't give the credit entirely to the DD Lite.

If I was you I'd find a way to get into a 2010. From the sounds of it it looks like it's going to be a real nice machine and with the newer lighter electronic reverse DD and the lighter crankshaft it should spin up real fast.

I suspect your SLP pipe won't do much for the 2010 as the engine is designed for a different running RPM. Sell me your SLP pipeset for my 09 HCR and use the money as a down payment on the 2010. :D

The 09-10 sleds have engine reverse not electric? so they took a bunch of weight out of the DD in 09.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My 09 with the slp pipe snaps great also. I agree get a 2010.

jazzfan

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2009
I just bought an 09 800 MCR also. I rode with four 800 XP's the other day and all of the XP's beat me out of the hole. The MCR doesn't seem to have much of hole shot. I did put an SLP pipe & the SLP air intake on it last night but havn't rode it yet. How much is that going to help. Should I change the primary spring and what one should I go to?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
With my slp pipe on my 09 M8 I am running a 125/340 primary spring with cat 70G weights. Runs great!

E
Sep 5, 2008
Canada
Mine has lots of snap. V-Force help for sure!! When everybody is saying they have the SLP pipe, does that mean the pipe only or the whole kit. Y and can?
Little bit of clutching will help dramatically. If you have a dialed in 09, you don't need the 2010. Have you seen the price difference??
My M8 absolutely rips I love it!!
:beer;:beer;

Premium Features