• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI / BDX pipe mod and Y pipe

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com

That is great information. Beyond that I am personally curious about just running a timing key vs the head to save some money and possibly maintain warranty. and the other question is have other people ran these setups at lower elevations? He is at about 9k feet it sounds like and although he makes reference to knowing someone riding at lower elevation it would be nice to hear from actual experienced customers. My setup needs to be reliable from about 1500 to 11k.

Last edited:

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
That is great information. Beyond that I am personally curious about just running a timing key vs the head to save some money and possibly maintain warranty. and the other question is have other people ran these setups at lower elevations? He is at about 9k feet it sounds like and although he makes reference to knowing someone riding at lower elevation it would be nice to hear from actual experienced customers. My setup needs to be reliable from about 1500 to 11k.
I was thinking timing key, mod pipe and y pipe. If it works as advised that's a pretty easy 10 hp....
I already have a jaws can which should work fine as they flow identical to stock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Bumping this to the top. Is anyone running this pipe mod and y pipe combo on the 19? With the new mapping from cat I am curious if they are still working fine with no controller.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2001
laramie wy
Pipe mod and can in mine and no problems, 260 miles. Runs about the same imo just the pipe mod I dont think made power but the weight loss is more important to me. Might try the y pipe but I was nervous that would be bordering on needing a controller with the stuff I have. It is crisp and clean on the throttle at any position, trail or powder. There is no bog at all!
Break in was about 110 miles so I was easy on it and then installed the pipe and can, started riding harder after that. I should say the rolling speed and hammering down feels stronger so the mid range May have the best gains, top end I think is limited by the track and gearing...
165" rider dressed about 200lbs.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Pipe mod and can in mine and no problems, 260 miles. Runs about the same imo just the pipe mod I dont think made power but the weight loss is more important to me. Might try the y pipe but I was nervous that would be bordering on needing a controller with the stuff I have. It is crisp and clean on the throttle at any position, trail or powder. There is no bog at all!
Break in was about 110 miles so I was easy on it and then installed the pipe and can, started riding harder after that. I should say the rolling speed and hammering down feels stronger so the mid range May have the best gains, top end I think is limited by the track and gearing...
165" rider dressed about 200lbs.
Wouldn’t any power increase need to see weight increase in clutching? If runs same rpm I would say not much changed.

M
Nov 26, 2001
laramie wy
Yep my highest rpm was 8200 and that wasn't hardly done within breaking in miles. I think I hit full throttle twice in 100 miles. After 100 I'm consistently running 8150 to 8200 rpm. Just the pipe mod alone didn't add much power overall, can feel a stronger mid range thump tho. Also at 9-11000 feet. May be different lower?

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Yep my highest rpm was 8200 and that wasn't hardly done within breaking in miles. I think I hit full throttle twice in 100 miles. After 100 I'm consistently running 8150 to 8200 rpm. Just the pipe mod alone didn't add much power overall, can feel a stronger mid range thump tho. Also at 9-11000 feet. May be different lower?

I would think regardless of nat aspirated mod upgrades the power increase/decrease due to elevation would be linear.

I live in Michigan so I ride at 1500' and I bought the SSI Y-pipe and stainless can for my Alpha, I also ran about 100 miles before the install. I took the can off ( to loud I'm getting old) The Y-pipe seems to make the motor run smoother than before and I did hit the rev limiter a couple times which I did not hit before the install. So I will have to add 1 more magnet and give it another try next weekend. I do find it odd that just the Y-pipe can add enough power that I need to add more weight. Time will tell

Premium Features