• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rail options for Ascender

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
After doing some adjustments after a weekend of early season riding, i noticed one of my rail windows(where the slider is attached) had a decent sized bump. I was able to take a large pry bar and bend it back with some steady pressure, but i got a feeling I'll be revisiting it before long. Question is, should i go with rail braces or upgraded rails? I was browsing Iceage, big difference between the normal and bomber style rails?(bombers are backordered) Just seeing what others have had luck with

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
You mean to tell us you bent a non alpha rail? Insane..... Jk .

I would brace or if you have the cash change them out for a set of ice age or rails off the hardcore

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Thanks for taking the time to check out or products. Our braces will help add significant amount of strength to the majority of the skid. The only shortcoming on this model being the windows below the rib in the front of the rail are cut so large we have nothing to fasten to and brace. So it is still possible to crush the hyfax rib UP fairly easily. This wont cause the sled to be unrideable like a rail bent sideways, but it is still not ideal.

Our classic series rails will be a LARGE jump up from stock in terms of strength. Better material, bigger ribs, more reasonable cutouts etc. Then our bombers are obviously a MASSIVE setup up. They are as tough as you are going to find and ready to take any abuse you throw at them.

As for backorders. Please note that we are CONSTANTLY shipping product and filling our shelves. For out of stock rails we are around 4-5 days out so if you order them and they are not on the shelf we can get them cut and out to you in just a few days.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Ice age all the way

I actually sell my stock rails when I buy a new sled & install Ice Age units now, offsets the cost of them. Great product, wayyyy stronger then stock. If you are a jumper, bounce over stuff a lot, or keep your sled a few seasons, I’d go with the Bombers, although I’ve done some dumb stuff over the years with the standard rail & never bent them...And I’ve bent lots of OEM rails. There are places on a sled that shouldn’t be lightened up IMHO

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
If they bent or tweaked get ice age rails. I put braces on my stock 18 rails cause Ive bent every stock rail setup on my last 4 sleds. Just braces on my 18 and I havent bent my rails yet in 1000mi. I can break an anvil with a spoon, so far Im happy.

On another note, I put tki braces on my alpha. Ive seen a couple locals crack them already at the bump stop screws and in front of the center shock mount, not just dumb azz reposts on Sledderz. Its something Cat could easily fix with better design and metallurgy. I already knew about potential issues this summer on a sponsored cat riders spring sled. Still won't keep me off the Cat as it's the best sled for how I ride. I want TKI to make another brace for in front of the center shock for this season.

Last edited:

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Thanks for taking the time to check out or products. Our braces will help add significant amount of strength to the majority of the skid. The only shortcoming on this model being the windows below the rib in the front of the rail are cut so large we have nothing to fasten to and brace. So it is still possible to crush the hyfax rib UP fairly easily. This wont cause the sled to be unrideable like a rail bent sideways, but it is still not ideal.

Our classic series rails will be a LARGE jump up from stock in terms of strength. Better material, bigger ribs, more reasonable cutouts etc. Then our bombers are obviously a MASSIVE setup up. They are as tough as you are going to find and ready to take any abuse you throw at them.

As for backorders. Please note that we are CONSTANTLY shipping product and filling our shelves. For out of stock rails we are around 4-5 days out so if you order them and they are not on the shelf we can get them cut and out to you in just a few days.

Thank you for the reply! I will be looking forward to doing business with you guys!

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA

...will you be building an Alpha rail?

Ace

Premium Features