• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a group to ride with in Star Valley on 12-27-2018

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Hey guys, I'm looking for a group to join up with in Star Valley(Alpine, Afton, Smoot, etc.) on Thursday, December 27th, 2018. It turns out I'll be solo that day, since some folks consider downhill skiing a sport...

Anyway, I know the area very well and am an advanced rider with all the Avy gear and a turbo Axys. I never ride alone, so just looking to see if a group will be out there that I can tag along with on that day. If your group is new to the area, or even beginner riders, I can show you some sweet spots and teach riding technique. If your group is all advanced riders, then maybe I'll learn from you:)

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
How many days are you going to be out there? I am bringing 2 new mountain riders out with me, leaving michigan on the 26th start riding the 28th. I have ridden tog for a week and have been to pinedale twice. If the snow is good at horse creek that's where we are planning to ride. Staying in pinedale. However we will be going wherever the best snow is. I know my way around horse creek area ok, but always want a local to ride with or somebody who knows the area well. I admittedly suck keeping my bearings once I get into the backcountry. I am an intermediate rider and we have all of our avy gear.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
How many days are you going to be out there? I am bringing 2 new mountain riders out with me, leaving michigan on the 26th start riding the 28th. I have ridden tog for a week and have been to pinedale twice. If the snow is good at horse creek that's where we are planning to ride. Staying in pinedale. However we will be going wherever the best snow is. I know my way around horse creek area ok, but always want a local to ride with or somebody who knows the area well. I admittedly suck keeping my bearings once I get into the backcountry. I am an intermediate rider and we have all of our avy gear.

Thanks for responding. I'll be out there the whole week, last day probably being Saturday, the 29th. You should just drive faster to get there a day earlier:) On the 28th, I'm co-hosting a group ride with some total beginners. If we ride on the 29th, and depending on snow conditions, we could possibly meet up at Blind Bull. We never get over as far as Horse Creek, but could show you some hidden gems in the Blind Bull/Sheep Creek/Deadman area.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
I will get in touch with you again as the dates get closer and we have a better idea of conditions. I wish we could get there faster, it's a 23 hour drive for us when the roads are perfect, has easily turned into 30 plus hours when roads are bad. My name is Dave and I appreciate the offer. I do have a couple locals that I rode with last year, but they are unsure if they are going to be around to ride with us on this early trip.

Last edited:
Premium Features