• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WY 130 OPEN

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Its crazy how early it opened this year but I am not going to complain.

I am going to take my first trip of the year over the range tomorrow with my newborn son!!! Couldn't ask for more !!

I can't wait.. only a few years and he'll be up there riding with me haha :)

(I asked the pediatrician about the elevation with respect to his lungs and ears and apparently newborns cope with elevation better than adults.).

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Its crazy how early it opened this year but I am not going to complain.

I am going to take my first trip of the year over the range tomorrow with my newborn son!!! Couldn't ask for more !!

I can't wait.. only a few years and he'll be up there riding with me haha :)

(I asked the pediatrician about the elevation with respect to his lungs and ears and apparently newborns cope with elevation better than adults.).

Congrats man, my second little guy is due at the end of June.

I think we're going to take out the old school sleds again on Sat afternoon to Lake Marie and mess around for a little bit after working at the lodge in the morning.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
.....I am going to take my first trip of the year over the range tomorrow with my newborn son!!! Couldn't ask for more !!

I can't wait.. only a few years and he'll be up there riding with me haha :)....

Congrats Ben!
Sledding does get better when you bring your own kids with you for sure.

Do you remember last June when we rode the snowies with you and my then 10yr old son was with us riding his own sled?

Here he is, now 11, in the big horns last saturday with us.

IMG_8152.jpg IMG_8159.jpg DSCN0411.jpg

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Wyo- thanks ! Best wishes to you!

Congrats Ben!
Sledding does get better when you bring your own kids with you for sure.

Do you remember last June when we rode the snowies with you and my then 10yr old son was with us riding his own sled?

Here he is, now 11, in the big horns last saturday with us.

Thanks. That's awesome !! He was tearing it up last year I cant imagine him now!

Hopefully we have more snow next winter and can meet up again

Last edited:

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado

Interesting. We were going to go up Pikes Peak 2 weeks ago with our ~3 month old in the truck and they turned us away at the ranger station.

They said there was a risk of that she may stop breathing and not re-start. Pikes Peak is ~3000 feet higher than Libby Flats, I didn't ask what a "safe" elevation was, we just turned around and found something else to do. I know there are no warning signs going through the Eisenhower Tunnel so it must be "safe"......

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Interesting. We were going to go up Pikes Peak 2 weeks ago with our ~3 month old in the truck and they turned us away at the ranger station.

They said there was a risk of that she may stop breathing and not re-start. Pikes Peak is ~3000 feet higher than Libby Flats, I didn't ask what a "safe" elevation was, we just turned around and found something else to do. I know there are no warning signs going through the Eisenhower Tunnel so it must be "safe"......

Hu... Well the i guess that's government for ya ..lol and I suppose that extra 3000' is pretty significant

We drove over the range yesterday with our 4day old and he never woke up.

I didn't take any pics, laser focus on the road and getting home. Snow levels are comparable to last year year mid July!!!

I also found out WY HWY 70 is now open as well.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Hu... Well the i guess that's government for ya ..lol and I suppose that extra 3000' is pretty significant

We drove over the range yesterday with our 4day old and he never woke up.

I didn't take any pics, laser focus on the road and getting home. Snow levels are comparable to last year year mid July!!!

I also found out WY HWY 70 is now open as well.

Is there enough to try and climb the chute on a 91 fan cooled 440 this Saturday lol?

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
^^. There is enough snow to ride around up top. The highest snowpack levels (visible from the road ) were between lake Marie and silver lake.

I would have no reservations about burning around on a back up sled .

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
drove over the range today and snapped a few photos-

headquarters park-
IMG_1178.jpg

green rock parking-
IMG_1180.jpg

Lake marie-
IMG_1179.jpg

LAKE MARIE JUNE 17TH 2011- I miss last year

IMG_1186.jpg

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
I'm going to head up tomorrow and burn around for a hour or two.. If anyone would like to meet up pm me :face-icon-small-coo

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
I'm going to head up tomorrow and burn around for a hour or two.. If anyone would like to meet up pm me :face-icon-small-coo

We were at the Chute around 4 for an hour or two letting some guys ride an old fan cooled sled, must've missed you.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
t30mg,:rockon: so what part of bighorns has ridable snow, I see your post says 5-14-12

There is snow on both the north and south side of hwy 14 west of bearlodge, or east of Lovell Wy.

We unloaded 11 miles w of bearlodge, and there was plenty of snow on both sides of the road there.

We rode N,NE of Little Bald Mountain, and S, SE of Bald Mtn.

Bald Mtn Snotel is still showing 45".

It will be very patch by now, but on the NE facing slopes you should be able to to still find plenty of snow to mess around on.

Here is a couple more pics from the 12th...

DSCN0419.jpg DSCN0414.jpg IMG_8151.jpg IMG_8133.jpg

Premium Features