• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kapka Butte Snowpark EIS Comment period running out

S
Feb 20, 2010
Kapka Butte Snowpark EIS Comment period running out
I certainly hope everyone has done their homework on the Kapka EIS situation and sent their comments in, we have only 2 weeks left.
I’m asking that you please DO NOT just listened to Oregon State Snowmobile Association or Central Oregon Snowbusters representative…
OSSA does a grand job on our trails but they need to STOP “trying” to represent snowmobilers in ALL other areas and stick to what they do best, trails.
In my opinion Kapka needs to be rejected “NO CHANGES” Kapka is another lower elevation snowpark that doesn’t solve any problems for early and late season snow enthusiasts.
The Forest Service isn’t even close to having all the funds in place required to build this snowpark. Even with all the controversy over the past several years there are still to many unknowns if we allow them to intimidate us into approving this snowpark.
The FACTS are out there, all you have to do is a little digging and just go to a few TUG meetings in Bend. However, I must warn you I stopped going to TUG meetings as OSSA and COSB reps and members get down right nasty if you aren’t on their side. I have never been around a more nasty, in your face, loud, “trying” to be intimidating bunch in my life, and the FS allows this in the meetings.
Snowmobilers need to stop being passive, take a more aggressive stance, stand up for what we want and need, no longer allow OSSA to represent us “settling” for what they think is best and the government to take away our playground!!!
Please step up check out the “facts” and send in your comments before it is to late

Thank you,

Lori White
Back Country Rider and working on Keeping it that way…

Premium Features