• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What % of the user fee goes to charity?

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Reality check....

I would think any of the members who paid would know who they were able to donate to. Adrenalin mentioned that he chose American Avalanche Assoc., so the options are obviously there. I don't think anyone is trying to hide them as when you sign up you obviously have the list to choose from. I would guess at that point it would tell you something like "5% of your membership fees will go to one of these charities, please choose one" Nobody who has paid can remember this?

Let's be honest though, if you're worried about where 5% of $10 goes ($.50, don't get me wrong, does add up with 5k members or so) you should probably send BRC or SAWS that check for $.50 yourself just to prove how loyal you are!

Lets be honest here, were worried about how much Christopher doesn't get, not how much gets donated:face-icon-small-ton BTW I chose BCSF and I belong to 2 BCSF clubs this year, so I'm paying my way trifold:face-icon-small-hap

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Lets be honest here, were worried about how much Christopher doesn't get, not how much gets donated:face-icon-small-ton BTW I chose BCSF and I belong to 2 BCSF clubs this year, so I'm paying my way trifold:face-icon-small-hap

I to chose the BCSF,I also belong to two BCSF clubs and two ASA clubs.As we all know these organizations are in need of our funding to keep our areas open for us sledders.
I join the local clubs where ever I ride,for many reasons.

Dave:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry guys.
Took some time off for my 20th wedding anniversary and didn't get this thread replied to before I left with my wife.

As was stated in the letter, "A Portion" will be set aside and donated.

What is that portion?
We don't know yet.

Ask me again on March 1st, and I will have a solid answer for you.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Was just told from Lane that the donation fee would be a dollar a member, unless more people signed up than they are thinking, then it would be more.

....a dollar a year, based on a 10 a year subsription....so 10%.

Ace

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Was just told from Lane that the donation fee would be a dollar a member, unless more people signed up than they are thinking, then it would be more.

....a dollar a year, based on a 10 a year subsription....so 10%.

Ace

I think that's a decent figure, as much as most would expect it to be?

or would it still be a dollar if you did a 3 year? (still ~3%, not terrible imo)

Now, if we could get Wal-Mart to donate 3% to something useful the world would be a better place!!

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I think that's a decent figure, as much as most would expect it to be?

or would it still be a dollar if you did a 3 year? (still ~3%, not terrible imo)

Now, if we could get Wal-Mart to donate 3% to something useful the world would be a better place!!

And that is why I haven't spent a dime in a Wal-Mart in going on 20 years now. And if Snowest gives 10% to those organizations good for them. But you do realize it is your money and I am not bashing anyone but your org could do alot more with 100% of your 10 or 30 dollars.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
And that is why I haven't spent a dime in a Wal-Mart in going on 20 years now. And if Snowest gives 10% to those organizations good for them. But you do realize it is your money and I am not bashing anyone but your org could do alot more with 100% of your 10 or 30 dollars.

preacher... meet the choir.

Maybe you didn't notice that I've got a freeloader tag under my name!!!

I'm not interested in giving harris pub my $$ by any stretch, but to me a company giving 10% of revenue to a decent cause is better than some are doing.

Do you think they're giving 10% of their revenue from that crappy magazine to brc? HA!!! I don't agree with the pay model & feel that it will fail long term, but the content/crap ratio is no comparison here to the mag. At least here the info we receive is somewhat unbiased.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
preacher... meet the choir.

Maybe you didn't notice that I've got a freeloader tag under my name!!!

I'm not interested in giving harris pub my $$ by any stretch, but to me a company giving 10% of revenue to a decent cause is better than some are doing.

Do you think they're giving 10% of their revenue from that crappy magazine to brc? HA!!! I don't agree with the pay model & feel that it will fail long term, but the content/crap ratio is no comparison here to the mag. At least here the info we receive is somewhat unbiased.

I quoted you because of your Wal-Mart comment, the rest of it was for those thinking that 1 dollar a member per year was a good deal which it is but the charities would get more if they would send their 30 to them instead of snowest, or any other collector as far as that goes. Sorry you felt I was bashing you

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
the rest of it was for those thinking that 1 dollar a member per year was a good deal which it is but the charities would get more if they would send their 30 to them instead of snowest, or any other collector as far as that goes.
very true, but you also need to take into consideration that not everyone gives as well.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I quoted you because of your Wal-Mart comment, the rest of it was for those thinking that 1 dollar a member per year was a good deal which it is but the charities would get more if they would send their 30 to them instead of snowest, or any other collector as far as that goes. Sorry you felt I was bashing you

Didn't see it as Bashing at all, we were in complete agreement!

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
Sorry guys.
Took some time off for my 20th wedding anniversary and didn't get this thread replied to before I left with my wife.

As was stated in the letter, "A Portion" will be set aside and donated.

What is that portion?
We don't know yet.

Ask me again on March 1st, and I will have a solid answer for you.

bump

Premium Features