• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What wouldn't you do again

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Oh and backcountryislife, why not simmons on a M?

They just make the sled harder to pull over, I've got C&a pros on it now & they're the same way (they were free though, so I can't say I'd never do THAT again) Anybody want to buy some C&A pros????

I think the guy that mentioned the black boxx on the m7 meant because it loses power on the 7, just a guess, the snopro style intakes were losers on the 7.

C
May 31, 2008
idaho
Never again

Let friends talk me into buying a Ski-doo. Lost a hole year of my life trying to clutch something that will never work right without a loan from a bank.

S

spook222

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2008
eastern washington
Let the dealer do anything to my sled. Turned it in for warranty handwarmer, a month later my freind says "bet it's sittin outside in the weather" Yup sure was. Sun already started fading my seat. Never again.

exact same thing happened to me, dealer in walla walla. faded out my boss seat, never did fix the sled:mad: Gotta love these guys, bet theirs wouldn't have been sitting outside like that

W

websledder

Nov 30, 2007
Cdn prairie
I never again . . .

forget to take off all my mods before taking my sled to a dealer for a blown piston (while still under warranty... LOL)

Believe anything I read about aftermarket mods without doing my own testing, Believe anything from anyone who say the M sleds suck and plan a trip without looking at the weather cam and leaving during a blizzard at midnight for a weekend riding trip; "frick'n moose almost ruined our trip".

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
boon docker box, buy a modded king cat

got screwed by dave the mechanic in the Dalles, stock Arctic Cat seat sucks , jaws twins rock, diamond s rocks, porting track rocks, simmons skis rock, arctic cat in general rocks, no NOS burns pistons when your on the trigger too much, bearing goes out on jackshaft and then your buddy hands u a bottle of Black Berry Brandy fubarred sled when i chose to ride it anyway

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Things I'll never do again:

Motor swaps from one chassis to another, it takes alot of time and buying another sled would have been cheaper and easier.

Take a newbie out on an epic powder day, I enjoy taking people out on their first ride but last year we took a 1st time rider out riding in 2 1/2 ft of snow and we spent all day getting him unstuck.

Get my wife hooked on sledding. Now I have to buy and maintain 2 sleds :D:beer;

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Won't ride behind a Power Claw or flipped Attack 20 on the trail, will measure twice, drill once, won't try and make a snowmobile trailer out of a utility trailer (could have bought one brand new cheaper and done right) Won't follow a new rider on a deep day, won't go without a Muff Pot...

P
Nov 14, 2009
  1. I'll never go back to a 'doo
  2. I'll never go up without my shock pump again
  3. :cool:I'll never ride without my goggles on a sunny day again
  4. I'll never promise my wife I'll only be gone for 2 days and come home a week later:mad: (should've stayed on the mtn.....would've been easier)
  5. .....and I will never go up the hill without beef jerky!!!:beer;

A
Jan 21, 2008
1.never go from cat to poo bad move but i'm back to cat so it all worked out
2. never ride without goggles on esoically on a sunny day because guide wires are hard to see, and end up costing you money when you tear the whole left side of your sled off after hitting one
3. buy a sled smaller than a 700 for climbing.

And whats wrong with the bike man stuff? for what i've heard it adds a pretty decent amount of hp

Premium Features