• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1990 Exciter

A
Feb 11, 2008
Wyoming
I purchased an Exciter a couple of years ago and am now trying to get it to run correctly. If the sled is ever on any type of an incline it is a pig to start and I have to get it onto flat land. What would be causing this? Also does anybody have a jetting chart for one of these? Thanks

never could figure out the cause to the problem, but what we did was turn the fuel switch to off while resting or letting the sled sit for extended periods. acts like its flooded. this was on an 89. thought perhaps a kinked vent line but never found anything. personally i think it had to do with the fuel cutoff switch. however, it was an extra sled that sat alot so whoever rode it was instructed to turn the fuel off, or pull, pull, pull. you might try that and see if goes away. as for jetting, give me your target altitude and temp and i will throw some numbers at you.

from my notes, 6-8k' 270 main jet. 8-10k', 250 mainjet. 60* on the secondary(B-2), white spring. white/silver primary spring. stock gearing at 17/31. although i think i dropped a tooth on the upper gear to 16. seems like i changed clutch weights, but i cant find that info. on your clutch cover there should be a sticker with this info on it, if its still readable. havent worked on or owned any exiters for quite awhile, so my memory is getting thin.

Premium Features