• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo kit for a Mountain Max / Viper ..?

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Hi,

Have there been a T-kit for these sled available in the U.S?
I have a friend who says so, and I have trouble believing him..

I only now of a kit for the Twin...

It suppose to be a AERO built kit..

Plz let me know!

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
If you know a little about tuning carbs it isnt really that hard. With powerjets its actually pretty easy..... After you have setup the basics you pretty much only adjust the powerjets for each ride. Not hard at all.....

//Tom

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
If you know a little about tuning carbs it isnt really that hard. With powerjets its actually pretty easy..... After you have setup the basics you pretty much only adjust the powerjets for each ride. Not hard at all.....

//Tom

I'm well aware of that. Seeing there is no "kit" available for this application, it's 2 strikes against it in my mind. F-Bomb always said it best about carbed 2 stroke turbos. Something along the lines of "when you're ready to light $100 bills on fire infront of your face, you're ready for one"

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Something along the lines of "when you're ready to light $100 bills on fire infront of your face, you're ready for one"

Hate to disagree with F-Bomb but it is far from the truth beels... I can prove it to you over, over, over and over again. I can give you a list of guys that would probably rather have a carb than EFI.

Zipperno is on the right track with the carb...

One of the guys we ride with has a Viper with a turbo. Twister built it, maybe PM him and see if he would build a carbon copy. It had an Aero, but now it has an Evo....

Last edited:
Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Why can't u stick to subject...? I have NOT asked something to build a kit to my MM...................

Just _IF_ there _HAVE_ been a kit _FOR SALE_ in U.S a couple of years ago?! :confused:

P
Nov 26, 2007
I have nevre seen one built for a triple, only for a twin

700 yammies have an issue with case volume and short stroke. I think that is why there are no kits to turbo a 700 triple

I have a 700 mm,,,,I like mine just the way it is....benders, airbox mod, reed spacers, clutching and lightened up:D,,,,,,and I hardly ever have to work on it!!!

Premium Features