• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP Drivetrain update

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Ok who has part numbers …. and what does the spring change in the clutch?

A lower RPM engagement ?

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Doo can shove it up their arse with selected...Should be mandatory across the board. Thats just greasy

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
So, they are retrofitting all the 17s and 18s on the floor but won't update those of us who haven't had a problem (yet?). If I have a problem this year or next I feel like I'll get screwed. "You didn't report it from the start so it must be your fault... sorry."

I get the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but this situation makes me nervous.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Doo can shove it up their arse with selected...Should be mandatory across the board. Thats just greasy

Agree. I didn't complain or start a case last year because nothing came of it when I did it on my 2017 sleds. I wish I could ride a Poo, but I can't. Sad panda....

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I dunno, sounds to me like they want to fix them, and the fixes are pretty simple. Did you talk to your dealer before posting up sour grapes?

D
May 24, 2012
Agree. I didn't complain or start a case last year because nothing came of it when I did it on my 2017 sleds. I wish I could ride a Poo, but I can't. Sad panda....

The basic Doo changes for 2017/2018 will certainly help, but how much we won't really know until the snow hits the ground. I imagine that it will help more for some sleds and less for others.

If you wish to accelerate the process, then take part of the G4 850 Make It Right Campaign.

D
May 24, 2012
You referring to me??

I think he was. It's the part with the Polaris that doesn't look good. I figured I'd reply because I personally don't care what brand people buy or for what reason. I can tell you that it won't necessarily be easy for you to switch brands if you enjoy the G4 and just have trouble with the belt. Many adjust poorly to another brand.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
This is all quite hilarious.

History repeats itself. It takes the frenchies a few years to get the engine straight in a new chassis. Every time.

They make great stuff and are really the only ones advancing the industry. Thats why its hard to resist buying the first few years of a new chassis...but thats what a fella needs to do if you want a solid drivetrain out of these guys

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
This is all quite hilarious.

They make great stuff and are really the only ones advancing the industry.

Only ones advancing the industry? That is the hilarious part. Still heavier than the Poo, no belt drive, torsion springs in the skid, trail sled steering angle. Sorry man, just not buying that line.

I think if you compare the top sleds for '19 the Doo is the heaviest and widest bodied of the group, not exactly what mountain riders have been clamoring for.

Not saying they are bad machines, not for me but, not bad. Certainly not leading the industry though. They all have some leading tech last I checked. Nobody has a lock on it, certainly not Doo.

Premium Features