• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Legend zx2sr oil (incredible!!!) best info i ever learned! Watch

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Ok this might sound bias because I do sell it but this is my honest opinion. I had ran another brand up until last season. The things that i have found and like over the other oils is that it burns alot cleaner.I do not know of a sled with muffler bearings so why does there need to be oil in the exhust that drains out when pipe is removed or splatters out around the donut. my exhaust system now is a golden brown color with no excessive oil coming out. My buddies turbo no longer has oil coming out the exhuast pipe it to is a golden brown.
This oil has been tested for viscosity at -50*F and still pours and will work in your oil pump.

You can buy this from me at www.QCperformanceonline.com
Thanks
Chuck

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I got this stuff in my mouth once siphoning it out of my sled to put in a buddy's who realized he was out of oil 20 miles from the trucks.

Not a fan of the taste. Not at all.

I'm thinking of running deschuttes obsidian stout this year.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
how did you come to that conclusion with just the very first time putting it in your sled...

and thanx for raising the titanic...after 3 years

I switched to it because I heard it burns clean and not all the slime in the exhaust. If you ever had a doo you know what I am talking about. I think I only had one out of all of them that the exhaust y pipe didn't come loose. Still looks like the same design. It did get rid of all that. It does crack me up about statements like that because people are clueless unless you tear a motor down or take exhaust valves out of them. Heck, I'm clueless. It did stop the slobber so that is good enough for me. 99.99% of people don't have a clue about which oil is better,me included. They have just been given some sales pitch or think it smells better.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So where's the best place to get this stuff? I'm down to needing oil and its either this or Redline and I would prefer to run non synthetic.

Where do you live?

I know a bunck of folks that are dealers in different states (sorry if it's I. Your sig... on tapatalk, cant see it)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Nevermind, found it. Get ahold of Skadi on here (Emilie Moreshead) she's an awesome gal, and a dealer in WA.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I love oil wars and comments and I'll do my part to do stir the pot.

In my opinion, the true test of an oil is engine longevity first, e.g. engine compression with desired low deposit buildup on exhaust valves and pistons. Not the other way around.

Let's consider a Polaris Pro 800 engine. User postings on this engine is that a hard ridden, i.e. mountain riding, engine is good for 1500-2000 miles (is that 100 hours?) A truly superior oil should show improvement in engine longevity.

I just don't understand how folks can comment on an oil after burning a gallon of it thru their engine. Let's see the long term tests and hard core riders coming back in a year or so telling us that their pro 800 engine lasted longer than usual with this oil. If your sole criteria is how clean an oil burns, I think you are missing the boat.

I also don't believe that having an oil that burns completely is desirable. Except for one particular oil that forms a superior dry lubricant when it burns, I always believed that oil lubricates best when it remains a liquid. I favor oil that have higher flash point so it lubricates a bit longer by providing a liquid film than a lower flash point oil.

Yes, I've been riding sleds <5 years but I've been playing with high performance small 2 stroke engines for over 30 years.

Imagine 3.3HP from a .28 cubic inch engine that spins 25,000-34,000 rpm or a .40 cubic inch engine that spins a leisurely 14,000 rpm at WOT all day long. I have several dozen of these tiny high performance engines and they all spit out unburned oil. If I tune them to run leaner (hotter so the 2 stroke oil burns more fully in the combustion chamber) they burn cleaner but last less than 2 gallons of fuel use instead of years and in some cases decades.

I'm doing my own oil test on my sleds. I'm adding 1/2 ounce per gallon of degummed castor oil as premix into my tank and seeing if the dry film lubricant that it forms will help reduce piston slop that occurs early on with the Pro 800 engine. Unfortunately my test isn't very scientific since I am not using the same injection oil consistently.

I've used Mystic JT4 Premium plus blended oil but decided against further use because of its low high temp viscosity.
Flash Point, PMCC, ASTM D93, °F (°C) 144 (62)​
Flash Point, COC, ASTM D92, °F (°C) 185 (85)
Viscosity, ASTM D 445​
cSt @ 40°C 31​
cSt @ 100°C 6.0​
Viscosity, ASTM D2161​
SUS at 100°F 159​
SUS at 210°F 47​
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 145​
Pour Point, ASTM D97, °F (°C) -54 (-48)

This outboard motor has a -54 deg F pour point and is available at Bass Pro Shops. It smokes when cold and is 0.04% ash which is low but not as low as others.. Based alone on pour point it meets Indy Dan's requirements. I don't care for its high temp viscosity (could be better) and if I wasn't running premix in the fuel, I wouldn't use it solo. Just goes to show that pour point is just one parameter to consider.

Mystc JT4 100% synthetic snowmobile JASO FD rated oil.

Gravity, ASTM D 287, °API 32.9​
Density lbs/gal 7.17​
Flash Point, PMCC, ASTM D 93, °F (°C) 194 (90)​
Flash Point, ASTM D 92, COC, °F (°C) 230 (110)​
Pour Point, ASTM D 97, °F (°C) –54 (–48)​
Viscosity, ASTM D 445​
cSt @ 40°C 54​
cSt @ 100°C 9.2​
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 152​
Visual Color Purple​
Sulfated Ash, ASTM D 874, m% 0.015​
TBN, ASTM D 2896, mg KOH/g 4.3

This oil has same pour point, has better higher temp viscosity than the Mystic blend I have used, and has even lower ash content. The higher viscosity should provide better piston scuffing protection at high rpms and/or high loads.

I scored a ton of Quicksilver 2 stroke 100% synthetic JASO FD rated oil from a Walmart in Nebraska over the summer for about $12 gallon-it was on clearance. I couldn't pass the opportunity/cost savings and will use it. I figure that JASO FD can't be that bad, right?

Does anybody have Legend's specs? I can't find them and like to read the specs and MSDS on this "magic" oil. I'm sure it is a good oil but I without published specs I can't justify its cost when I can get great oils at a lower price.

Last edited:
Premium Features