• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage vs Charmac?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Looking to pull the trigger on a used 4 place.
Have a line on an 06 Charmac 28' Snow sport and a 07 Mirage 28'.
Have not seen either one in person yet, but both are similar condition and appear to be in great shape.
Both have 3500lb axles I believe.
I believe the Mirage is a deck over wheels true sled trailer. But it may be a multi sport with the lower deck and fender wells inside. Lady that's selling it doesn't know much about trailers and wasn't sure? Lol
Both are similarly equipped. I've been around trailers a long time so I know the basics and what may need repaired/ replaced. IE older tires would need to go, brakes may be rusted up if it sat for a while etc.
Looking for opinions of which is a better trailer, apples to apples.
Same price/condition/options which one is the better hauler.
Also if the mirage is not a deck over trailer, has that been a problem with ground clearance or over hang vs a deck over model?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have a buddy who had to get rid of his Mirage because the sides were breaking loose from the floor. Driving behind it, you could see the sides and roof sway side to side and the back door didn't move because it was mounted to the bottom frame.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
I love this one so far. Most luxurious trailer I've ever had. Only thing missing is a vented heater. Has slides front to back, diamond plate ramp traction, bedliner floor, cabinets, like 20 coat hooks, LEDs.
Needs about 2 days with a buffer as it's a little oxidized but otherwise like new.
I went and picked up the sleds. What a luxury to just drive 4 machines in and shut the door!

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
It really is nice to not have to put covers on the sleds when you're done for the day. Can be a pia sometimes.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
It really is nice to not have to put covers on the sleds when you're done for the day. Can be a pia sometimes.

Totally!
I've had a 2 place enclosed for quite a while now, just sold it before leaving AK. Going from washing sleds after every road trip no matter how few miles to driving in and shutting the doors was key. But adding a 3rd sled meant horsing one in backwards up the front ramp or doing the Snomachine shuffle to get them loaded.
Last year picked up a sled deck since both my kiddos ride now, meaning 4 sleds heading to the hills. It worked fine but with no reverse on 3 of 4 machines it was a pain to drag them off the deck each time. Kids were 7 and 10 last winter so not much help there. Plus had to unhook to unload the deck.
Dumped the deck too and man was it nice to just drive all 4 machines in the back door! And for less $ than the old trailer and deck sold for!
Never wanted a big @ss trailer because I liked being able to spin my little trailer around easy at the end of a road but this will be nice.

Premium Features