• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Options for Chain Case Lube

R
Apr 9, 2008
Utah
I just drained my chain case and before filling it up I wanted to bounce a question off all of you. I've heard people are using different types of oil for the Chain Case besides the standard Polaris recommendation. Any thoughts or ideas based on what you are using and how well it has worked for you? Thanks in advance for your response.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Its a chain case. I wouldnt get overly excited.
I use Amsoil synthetic. have used Skidoo and Polaris synthetic. Some will use ATF(auto tranny fluid) Cant tell the difference. It all stinks the same. Jst change it at reccomended and at the start of the season.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
LET THE DEBATE BEGIN

This has been asked hundreds of times a year !

I use transmission fluid on all sled chains.

Combined over 30,000 miles and not one problem. Highest mileage sled is 11,000 miles.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I use Amsoil but I have used a gear lube when I was in a bind. I think the biggest thing is to change it at least at the start of each season and maybe again if you put on a lot of miles.

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
After reading some of the threads on using ATF, I decided to use it this season, primarily because if I ever have a leak I'll know right away that it's the chaincase because it's red.

Premium Features