• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Word About Mirage Trailers

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
I have read post back and forth about the different trailer manufactures- I have had 4 enclosed trailers now all different brands....My latest being a 28' xtreme snow deluxe from Mirage- and all had their issues.

I have read posting about the quality / the fit / and the warranty with Mirage.
What I had was a situation with my Mirage that needed attention-in my eyes major,and I tried several times through my dealer to get things fixed with no avail... that was until The 2008 Utah Snow Show where I met a Mirage rep Paul.

I explaned my situation and he instructed me to e mail Mirage with my concerns and to cc him... Well I knew this was going to be a dead end from the start... I was mistaken- I sent pictures of my trailer to mirage-and the next morning I had a email from the owner and a lengthly chain of cc's to who I didn't know within Mirage.

Long story Short- I met up with Curtis Toll the Warranty Manager- and Instructed me to let him know when I could bring my trailer to Nampa Idaho to have it worked on.... A 7 hour drive Well I asked on a Thursday before Thanksgiving and got the OK to bring it up that Monday. ( very short notice for them)

Monday Morning @8:00 sharp I was at their front door armed with a shopping list of everything I thought was wrong with my trailer.....this is where Mirage set's the standard for customer loyalty... they shut down the assembly line and took my trailer in-had it all day monday fixing or repairing..... now since it was at the manufacture I asked for them to install a forced air heater....and they agreed still using their valuable time to not only fix my concerns but to add the heater.. this was going to take an xtra day..and Curtis phoned me to keep me abreast of the progress

On Tuesday late afternoon I returned as instructed to hopefully find my trailer completed. Curtis went the extra Mile- He personally went out when the line said it was done to inspect it to meet his standard...it did not 2 times.
When it finally was brought out of the facility for my first viewing Curtis took me inside my trailer and let me see what he had authorized.....

I had an entire NEW poly bead floor ( when only 4 pieces were bad) new poly bead ramps ( front AND rear). A entire new cealing with 2009 updates and when the floor was replaced they didn't put down the old diamond plate on the wall to protect them from skis bangs..they put in NEW plating- Hell they even took out my window and re-sealed it with some new updated sealer

In all I have never seen a company take so much pride and concern with their product,
Mind you there are some that will disagree and try to abuse the warranty--and complain what junk these trailer are, but if you have a manufacture defect and you bought a Mirage, they WIll fix or replace it with the highest quality around.
Something I have never seen from the others.

Mirage did tell me that they understand the concerns with some of the products that have left their facility. They have a re-newed comitment to quality and customer satisfaction that is most impressive to go unmentioned

Just thought I would let all on here know that there is a trailer manufacture with a new work force out there commited to quality.
With these types of concerns addressed- Mirage has turned a new cheek that should be given a consideration when purchasing a trailer be it enclosed or not...... As I have a tremendous Thank You going out to Curtis / Paul / and the manufacturing crew @ Mirage for taking care of my Issues.

I cannot think of a better way to give them this well desreved Thank You by posting it here on this forum

MD

T
Dec 27, 2005
Roy, UT
7 hour drive twice? Nice they took care of your trailer issues but what about time and fuel? Warranty rep should have hauled that pile up there.

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
Probally So- but with being able to see what was being done and to see the outcome AT THE FACTORY and having any issues addressed at that time
( not when I got the trailer trucked back to me)

It was well worth the time and $$ to drive there and be directly involved- does have its own rewards:beer;

I take care of my toy's and want them in as much as showroom condition till time of sale.

B
Dec 21, 2006
At least you didn't have to drive to Indiana for Featherlite;). I like Mirage's ideas. I am glad to hear that your concerns were handled.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
7 hour drive twice? Nice they took care of your trailer issues but what about time and fuel? Warranty rep should have hauled that pile up there.

X2

BTW, I've had no issues on my 8 year old Cargo Mate.

It would be a real pita if I had to do that with my nissan.:rolleyes:

Toll

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Mountain Doo,
Thank you for the post and patience while we repaired your trailer. I am glad that you were satisfied with what we did and hope that you have a great snowmobile season. We are proud of our product and stand behind it with our quality. We have been working on our customer relations and service, and appreciate the feedback that this forum gives us.
Hopefully, it snows soon so that we all can get out there and play.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Thanks to this thread when I look into a new trailer (probably a couple years as mine is an 08 right now) I will be looking very, very hard at Mirage!!!!!!!!

Nice to see customer service like that when a guy pays 10-15K for a product:):)

Great job Mirage...and keep up the good work of building some sweet looking trailers...always have liked them:D

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I would agree with mountain doo on their customer service. I had buddy haul my trailer down (wished i woudl have been there) and he said they basically set out the red carpet the second he arrived at the plant. curtis inspected a couple times as it didnt' meet his standards before the trailer left.

In the same breath, i do wish that mirage would take the extra time when the trailer is being built to insure these things didnt' go wrong so the trailer didn't have to go back for warranty in the first place. I realize that it's part of life and things do go wrong.

I've had 3 enclosed trailers now, and mirage in my opinion is the trailer I would buy again in a heart beat. I love their features and they do make an incredible trailer. just pay a little more attention to quality control and take some extra time with their welds and small details is what i would ask for on my next trailer.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Sounds like they went above and beyond. Pretty much unheard of now days. My only problem would have been hauling the trailer back to them for repair. Did the rep buy you a steak dinner that night to ease the 4 dollar a gallon pain?

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
At least someone got them to fix their issue's. My company bought a CUSTOM flat bed trailer with a beaver tail. On the demo model, that our company owner designed off of, there was a hydro lock for the tail. We waited 6 weeks longer than promised and when we took delivery, no hydro lock. When we called Mirage to question them their answer was that they had taken that option out. Why weren't we notified? Why did we still pay for it?

I don't think that driving 7 hours, staying the night and then driving back would make me very happy. No matter what they put in. Also, did anyone else notice the part where the warranty manager had to go out and make them redo stuff twice? Is he standing out there all day long? Because if not the employees are obviously not going to do it right the first time.

It's nice to hear that someone recieved some customer service, but what about all the others that were turned away?

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Too bad the dealer that you bought it from didn't take care of you but at least you got it taken care of.

I had a similar issue with a trailer... one of the first one's built 4 years ago. Liked the features but it wasn't holding up... they went above and beyond and updated the entire trailer with the features they were in current production and the trailer was a month from going out of warranty. Have had one little issue with it sense and they are going to fix it next week. Curtis has really stepped it up in the service dept. They need someone like him standing on the assembly line catching issues before they leave the plant.

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
I don't think that driving 7 hours, staying the night and then driving back would make me very happy. No matter what they put in. Also, did anyone else notice the part where the warranty manager had to go out and make them redo stuff twice? Is he standing out there all day long? Because if not the employees are obviously not going to do it right the first time.

Eye's
You have to keep in mind the labor situation around the US- not every worker gives a Rats A$$ about quality- this is where a QAQC ( Quality Assurance/ Quality control steps in- and that is where Curtis has the standards that must be met-- if it takes 3-4 times doesn't matter as longs as the final outcome is a product that meets his standards,as he is in charge of warranty---and that is why there is warranty in the first place,,,to cover MANUFACTURE DEFECTS...pretty easy once you dig deep

If every part and piece was perfect then there would no use for warranty-- try that on a new 12K sled.....

Travel time to get thios taken care of is all part of wanting it done at a level I wanted it.
I know peeps traveling pretty far to get a sled worked on cause their local dealer refused it
UNDER WARRANTY--Nothing is for free-as my time / and expense and (2) nights lodging was very much worth while for the outcome of the product.

MD

MD.

Last edited:

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Lets See, Last two guys I know of here in Grand Junction who bought new Mirage trailers have had catastrofic failures. first one: Hitch was only welded on one side, needed to be welded on four, glad I caught it before we started our 500 mile trip to pick up his new dirt bikes. Next, Nothing big the front door/ramp just fell off, Welds were subpar. The dealer here in Junction does not carry Mirage anymore as I'm sure that these were not the only problems. I want my new trailer to be right from the factory, not have to drive 7 hrs to get it fixed back to the way it should have been in the first place. It's a box on wheels, Mirage, If you need to be out in the factory doing quality control every minute of every day then that's where you need to be. Initially you guys had a good product, now they're riddled with shoddy craftsmanship. BTW my 1998 Pace has never had a warranty issue, wish it had the polybead floor though.
Mark

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
Wll I hate to post on here because sombody will probably jump down my neck, but anyway, I Bought a new mirage 28 sled/car hauler with the Himark package about $18,000 all said and done. Immediatly after the first use i was haveing strucural issues and after the third use i had 3 broken cross members, shelf fallen off wall, cabinet hanging by a thread, and 2 doors that wouldn't seal. Needless to say I was Very dissapointed, so when i returned the trailer to where i purchased it they told me that when i bought the trailer that they told me it was a low end trailer and i should expect to have troubles, in addition they said if i wanted a trailer that would stand up they could get me into a royal! I was very dissapointed at there response and told them i was not interested in a royal, i liked the features of the mirage and felt that the MFG. should step up, at this point i think the dealer just wanted me off his back so he made me a offer of giving me $16,000 back because it is now used and he will have to re-sell it for less! what a load of CRAP who re-sells a trailer that is falling apart. Anyway i ended up taking the Cash just to wipe my hands of a problem. The thing that really bugs me is that i don't feel i should have had to take that loss. I have repurchased a new trailer which is a fiberglass hardwall and it seems to be much better so far but i'd like to give it a season to see how it stands up. It really is to bad that i had not known about this exceptional service from the factory or i could have just sent it back, and the worst part is i have a bunch of buddies that have bought trailers in the past while and each one of them i had to steer away from the mirage...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Well I'm glad this Curtis guy has standards, now if he just could get his help to have the same standards. I love the features of my Mirage trailer, but when its all said in done, from the factory it was a piece of junk. Luckily I work as a welder and fabricator so I havent had to pay for any of the multiple fixes that this trailer has needed. Its not just there metal work either, I think they did there wood work with a hand saw, and half of my tie downs came out of the floor the first weekend I owned it. I sure hope that Curtis starts to go out on the assembly line, and inspects every trailer before they go out the door.

Premium Features