• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtntk mapping on Silber pro is an improvement

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Rode in some deep and steep snow today 4000-5500ft. The tune worked awesome upto 8 psi. As I turned boost up to 10psi then 12 I lost rpm progressively and it sounded rich. Maybe I didn't have enough octane. No lights come on. I'll try more octane next week. I was 40% 94 and 60%c111. C111 is the same barrel as c110 which is sold in the US. just a different sticker according not to VP.

So octane didnt help. my SPI fuel filter with only 300 miles on it was cause for higher boost lowering rpm. I changed the filter at the beginng of the season just cause but apparently they dont flow enough fuel for high boost applications. So I built mt own from the factory ends, some high pressure fuel inj hose and a fram g2s filter for around $10. The tune works way better then silbers at all boost levels now. At 11psi at 6000 feet with the same fuel mixture as above it did start to crap out on a long pull wot a couple times but all I did was let off the throttle completely as fast as you could and back to wot and it would go great again. Probably high intake temps as I added more strait c111 and it made it small enough it wouldn't loose any noticeable speed or lower the skis.
I am happy with the tune and would recommend it to anyone who is experiencing the wot- off throttle - wot bog with silbers pro rmk kit, especially if you already have a Bullydog programmer.

Last edited:
C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Thank you for this update. I have had the bog on my 2015 since day 1 with the turbo, ordered the MTNTK map at the end of last season, now just waiting for snow to see if it works. Glad to hear others are having positive results!

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Anyone else try this? Might go this way with my 14 pro that was having the exact same issues all last winter.

Buying a Bullydog plus an expensive tune is a rough pill to swallow on top of the price of a turbo kit that was billed as ready to run, but better than another winter ruined by chasing bogs....

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I had constant bog issues until I installed a true cold air intake...direct out the top of the hood. Fixed all bog issues. These sleds/tunes are not closed loop...they make assumptions and random gulps of hot air will throw them off.

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Wanted to give an update on this topic now that I had a chance to ride with the MTNTK map. I can confirm that the mapping fixed all bog/stutter issues on my sled, it ran all day without a hiccup, on trails, powder, climbing, deep tree boondocking, etc all conditions. I'd highly recommend to anyone who is dealing with the frustration of this issue.

Huge thanks to MTNTK.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Anyone else with an update? Mine is running ok with my boondocker box on top of re flash butlooking for better running.

K
I have a 2018 axys with a Silber kit with silber's mapping and it runs flawlessly. Hardly no lag, no hiccups throughout, whether I'm tree riding or pulling a fairly long hill. I ride at 6-9500 ft. 7psi, 76g weights, 40% 100LL (technically a bit richer than silber's spec, better safe than sorry though). I'm flat out stunned at how well it runs.

Last edited:
C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
The topic of this thread is an issue being found on some of the Pro chassis kits, not the Axys.

Another update: Have been riding with the MTNTK tune multiple times now, at differing locations, elevations, temperatures, snow conditions, still running flawlessly with no hiccups or issues.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
It is a specific built tune. Note that Silers tuning worked really good on the trail just bogged on throttle movements under heavy load from being too lean. And would sometimes die completely. If you have other issues there may be something else wrong.

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
It is a specific built tune. Note that Silers tuning worked really good on the trail just bogged on throttle movements under heavy load from being too lean. And oils sometimes die completely. If you have other issues there math be something else wrong.

Silber did have a no- cost re-flash available in mid- 2017,that cleaned up alot of the issues- not every install had these but those that did were addressed.
Never did hear or see any "oil die" - but again don't clearly know what your referring too.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
sorry sage crusher- some words ended up wrong i edited them. If someone doesn’t have silbers goat6 tune then I’d recommend trying that first as it was a huge improvement from earlier tunes. But didn’t clear up the heavy load throttle movement for me.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
So if i wanted to try this mapping on my 2015 that does not have a Bullydog would I have to reflash the stock ECU to stock and the buy a Bullydog and MTNTK reflash?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
So if i wanted to try this mapping on my 2015 that does not have a Bullydog would I have to reflash the stock ECU to stock and the buy a Bullydog and MTNTK reflash?

I believe the Bully Dog will flash over whatever map the ECU currently has in it, but it keep the Silber map as the "Stock Map" and put it back in if you ever "remove" the Bully Dog from that specific sled.

Premium Features