• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100 turbo misses and backfires at half throttle

M
Dec 19, 2008
Need help. Sled missed and backfires at half throttle (6000)rpm. Tried new pickup valves and still the same problem. And is and where is the fuel pressure regulator. Sled has the high jacker 2.0 and 3 inch pipe. Thanks

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Any codes on the dash? Does it do it just cruising at half throttle? What setting is the hyjacker on? Does it change if you change the hyjacker settings?

M
Dec 19, 2008
Shows no codes or wrench. And soon as I hit half throttle it starts missing. Took box off today and put back to stock and same problem. Thinking regulator or tps. Ran great last year.

M
Dec 19, 2008
new plugs and gapped to .022. Still getting a pop mid throttle. Tried adding fuel and subtracting fuel in mid RPM with box. Little bit better but not totally.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I would get it to run correctly stock first.

Do you have an a/f gauge on it? I have seen boost reference lines get kinked at the regulator starving it for fuel. I personally haven't seen a bad fuel regulator but it's possible. Haven't had a bad pump either but fuel pressure is critical, did have one act like that with a fuel filter clogged up. Are the bolts tight at the header/turbo connection?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I guess we should have specified the cr9eb plugs, not the stockers. They don't like getting regapped to 20. Some sleds require that plug with 93 octane reflashes, others don't. We gap those at 25.

6000 rpm is where the stock turbo starts to make boost so my guess is if the plugs don't fix you that you are going lean. Lack of fuel somehow....easy to see if that's the case with a/f gauge.

Last edited:
M
Dec 19, 2008
Had sled out again today. Not getting a backfire now but still get a real bad bog at 6500 rpm. If I lowered boost to 15psi with box sled would run good. Anything higher would start to bog. Bov(evo) almost seemed like it was sticking open. Had a stock sled with us so tried Bov from it. Sled ran good with it in at any boost setting. Put Evo Bov in stock sled and it also seemed to run good? Put Evo Bov back in sled and bog came back. Had plugs gapped to 0.020 and running 94 octane fuel today. Anyone have the same problem with Bov.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Take the brv apart and clean it. Did you have the brv last year and all was well? Also do you have the brass check valve? Cleaning the brv is simple. Top screws off and clean everything lube with some lightweight cold weatger grease and reassemble.

M
Dec 19, 2008
Ya ran the bov last year but noticed it kept sticking. I've cleaned it. Greased it but doesn't seem to work for very long. And yes I have the brass check valve. I've used a light synthetic winterized grease but still seems to get stuck.whats the best grease to use?

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ya ran the bov last year but noticed it kept sticking. I've cleaned it. Greased it but doesn't seem to work for very long. And yes I have the brass check valve. I've used a light synthetic winterized grease but still seems to get stuck.whats the best grease to use?

I never had issues with mine but had I, I would use air tool oil. It is light and will allow fast movement and will not build up. Virtually lightweight hydraulic oil.

donaldej

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Corvallis Oregon
Found a really small piece of the red hose stuck in my brass check valve last week must have come from when i cut it. It would sometimes make boost and sometimes just bog.

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
Misfire/backfire at half throttle

Check all fuel lines as well.
Having the 3 pipe can flow a lot of air maybe making a lean but they should adjust.
I put it straight pipe on mine. Crack and pop around 55 all the way higher. Took things apart and found I had small cracks/leaks and pinches in the fuel lines. Particularly right off of the fuel pressure regulator right on the rail that feeds the injectors. New lines, used new exhaust gaskets on the pipe and check for leaks. Seemed to have fixed the problem just free spinning. No snow of course so haven't had a chance to put under load but it is acting 100% better as if that was the issue.

Hope this helps. Sled is all stock except exhaust

M
Nov 16, 2009
Had the same problem..took everything apart, replaced a bunch of parts that I didn't need to. Even had the local shop look at it and they tore all the turbo stuff apart thinking that was the problem....turns out I added some fuel additive for de-icing and it plugged the fuel filter So be careful what fuel de-icing fluid you use.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
Check your hose behind the little cover over the intake side of the turbo in between your left A arms it is where the boost pressure comes that open the waste gate mine got slid off one time and it caused it to act like yours.

B
Feb 13, 2019
Backfiring and bogging

Hey guys. Have a 2013 m1100 bought second hand. It has the reflash for 240 HP,it worked great last season I put over 800 miles on the machine and not one issue :face-icon-small-coo Start of this season, it didn’t seem to work right, then didn’t want to start, would jut keep spinning over an not catch. Took it to local shop no codes showed up , changed plugs added new battery. And still at half throttle or more it will backfire and bog , also sometimes when in reverse it will stall out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Premium Features